It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Santa Fe Caboose parts available
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:40 pm 

I have a Santa Fe Caboose that was built in 1927 and last refurbished in 1978 that I want to convert to a useable guest room. I plan to take out most of the interior and I was wondering if anyone was looking for things like the interior walls, diesel stove, refrigerator, convertible seats, etc. If you know of anyone restoring a caboose that could use such parts, please respond to this post.

Post subject: Re: Santa Fe Caboose parts available
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:45 am 

I talked with people at our museum after seeing your post.

We are curious to know if you are looking for payment for items or are offering them up for a non-profit to use? (such as a donation: tax preparers can help determine whether that is useful to you)

The other question might be where are the items located (in general if you prefer): for instance a particular US state or region? Shipping or pick up tends to be challenging at times.

ATSF 1927 caboose is possibly one of the earliest steel ATSF caboose designs. I'm not aware of what the updates were in 1978, but possibly there are some items that may be beneficial for the museum to have. Feel free to respond to this post or private message.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:12 pm 

Does it have a luggage rack?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:35 am 

I have a similar Santa Fe caboose. Mine is basically complete, but with just a few minor things missing. I wanted to keep mine in a state of preservation. There may be things that were hung on the walls that I may be missing. In the restroom, I see something was removed from over the sink. I guess that was a mirror. And the toilet was removed. I would like to buy those items (toilet, mirror). I have the stainless steel sink. I need to see more photos of different original caboose interiors to see what else I may need. If you or anyone else reading this might be able to help, please contact me. I may place a separate post for my requests, when I know a little more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:46 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
ZLG wrote:
If you or anyone else reading this might be able to help, please contact me. I may place a separate post for my requests, when I know a little more.

If we're dealing with an ATSF Ce-1 waycar, I should be able to secure access to 999060 in Williams, Az. with some advance permission. That waycar was acquired in supposedly "time capsule" condition interior-wise (no guarantee, but I'm told that was the impetus for getting it and why she's mostly locked up), with a fresh coat of paint on the outside. Contact me via PM and let me know what details you need to see in the interior, and I'll see if either I can check or one of the caretakers can.