It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: B&O Museum:doing a few things right
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 5:30 am 

<P>I visited the B&O Museum on Sunday July 9. [Little did I realize I walked into their Thomas the Tank Engine festival.] Anyway...<br>I noticed two things I thought they were doing right:<br>1) They recognized outstanding volunteers & contributors from the past year with a sign displaying their names and contributions.<br>2) They listed the top 5 restoration projects of the Museum along with an appeal for specific donations for these projects. <p>Other museums may also show these types of recognition.<br>I think they are good ideas to copy.<br>

Post subject: Re: B&O Museum:doing a few things right
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 6:50 am 

<P>The new Executive Director, Courtney Wilson, is indeed grasping a number of nettles and doing a lot of things right.<p>I've been intending to write a Brief calling attention to the excellent job the Museum has done in overhauling their web site. First and foremost in the new site is a long letter from the director discussing collections policy, forthcoming exhibits, and a lot of other very interesting curatorial and interpretive issues.<p>I'll still write the Brief, but you all can get a sneek preview by following the link.<br>

eledbetter@rypn.org

Post subject: Sorry, here's the link
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 6:59 am 

<P>http://www.borail.org/letter.html<br>

B&O Director's Letter
eledbetter@rypn.org