It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I-1sa in NY state
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 1:54 am 

<P>Meaning no disrespect to the Chapter which has actively preserved the Pennsy Decapod;<br>Would a more more historical context for the locomotive be to return it to the Pennsy collection in trade for another locomotive, say the NKP Berkshire #757? THis is just a supposition...I know that the RR Museum of Penn. is anxious to consolidate that particular locomotive back into their stable. If brought back, it's unlikely she'd run again (but nobody can say that for sure). It was the Pennsy (or was it Penn-Central?) which squandered teh Decapod in the first place. <br>Now please, no vitriol or flames on this; I just would like to hear both sides of this ongoing question.<br><br>

aurora7@juno.com

Post subject: I think we have discussed this enough
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 2:38 am 

<P>No, the PRR gave the locomotive to Westinghouse, who then donated it to the chapter. The locomotive is a historical artifact to the state of NY. The group that owns it has documentation that proves that the locomotive ran in NY state and operated near where she is stored today. Honestly, if the RRMPA was anxious to consolidate that locomotive back into their collection, then they should make a better offer than the 757. The only reason that this is an ongoing question is because people like you keep bringing it up. Leave it be. It is in NY and it is going to stay in NY. Enough said. <br>

wilkidm@hera.wku.edu

Post subject: Re: I think we have discussed this enough
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 3:35 am 

<P>AMEN!!!!!<br>