It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Submerged loco at Clarksville, Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 1999 9:14 pm 

<P>A friend and co-worker has told me of a submerged locomotive near a drawbridge at Clarksville, Tennessee, on the former L&N line there. My map shows this to be on the Cumberland River. Apparently, the locals say you can see it when the river is low. Anyone know more about this?<br>

ryarger1@nycap.rr.com

Post subject: Re: Submerged loco at Clarksville, Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 1999 7:23 am 

<P>I seriously doubt that it is still there. The Cumberland river is a major navigational channel for barges, hence the reason for the drawbridge. <br>

wilkidm@hera.wku.edu

Post subject: Re: Submerged loco at Clarksville, Tennessee....There's one
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 7:57 am 

<P> Haven't heard about this lost loco story(or any others in Tenn.,but you just gave me a great idea.I do a lot of paper-chasing with my lost locomotive research,but here is a chance to do some on site investigating.<br> I've got some free time coming up this july 4th,and I've been looking for something to do.Maybe,I can dive this site on those days off.It's a good drive (about 7hrs. from here in Roanoke),but It sounds like this is right up my ally.I'll let you know what I find if I go.<br> Do you have any additional info?Who is your friend who told you of this,and how did he/she learn of it?<p>Brian Hebert<p><br> <br>

btamper@hotmail.com