It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roller bearing switcher trucks for moving stranded units
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:46 pm 

This was posted on facebook yesterday. I realize it is pushing the boundary between commercial and non-commercial posts, but as I am not him nor associated with him in any way I thought I would post this here, as it could potentially help preserve units with plain bearing trucks that are in danger of being scrapped due to moving costs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AOTTORC ... 1709856587

"Luther K Brefo
ยท
Beginning this spring, I am offering my roller bearing switcher trucks for short term lease for any ALCO, FM, Baldwin, EMD or other Locomotive using the AAR Rigid Bolster Trucks. Truck leases will feature idler wheelsets only, these trucks are not motored and are intended to be used for dead in transit equipment moves only.
The basic terms are:
-Minimum lease rate covers a period of 30 days. Longer terms can be negotiated. Usage beyond the negotiated term is at a higher rate.
-Lessee covers freight to and from point of origin unless offering no cost storage at destination or unless another lessee follows immediately after prior lessee's use.
-Locomotives using these trucks in transit must be configured to apply no more than 30 PSI at the brake cylinders. This is to prevent and minimize the likelihood of flat spots in transit.
-Any flat spots incurred from failure to configure locomotive appropriately will result in the lessee paying all repair and replacement of wheelset costs.
-Trucks will use only cast iron or low friction shoes.
-Suitable insurance must be provided by lessee to cover total loss of trucks while in their care.
Additional options include:
-lease and use of Duff Norton 144RX high lift pneumatic equipment jacks with or without Air compressor.
-lease and use of electric Whiting 25ton (set of four) equipment jacks.
-mechanical services pertaining to locomotive shipment preparation.
Additional terms may apply. Inquire with me directly.
Railroad Equipment Associates, LLC."
Luther K Brefo photo.

Attachments:
428629479_10105380231739505_2139740536346954101_nb.jpg
428629479_10105380231739505_2139740536346954101_nb.jpg [ 100.8 KiB | Viewed 1030 times ]

Post subject: Re: Roller bearing switcher trucks for moving stranded units
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:12 pm 

Depending on the rate, that could come in handy.