It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REVIVAL STEAM PODCAST CUBA SOUND REQUEST
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:42 pm 

Greetings!. I am the creator of the podcast “Revival Steam”. It inspires people to imagine a future of American revenue trains pulled by modernized steam engines. To create these imaginary Revival Steam events, I combine my own ficitionalized text with a mixture of vintage and modern audio of steam engines. While I use many of my own recordings, I also use, with permission only, recordings made by others from the last nine decades.

I am preparing some upcoming episodes in which we imagine that Cuban steam locomotives built in America have been returned to the USA to work as revenue-earning machines. In order to make the sounds as authentic as possible, I hope to locate and receive permission to use audio recordings of these actual engines. Anything I use will be fully credited in the podcast notes.

I am wondering if anyone here has any information or advice on where I might find sources for such sounds? My extensive collection of audio and video simply doesn’t currently contain what I need.

Thanks for any pointers you can share!

Alec Butler
Creator, Revival Steam
PUT THE WEBSITE IN THE REPLY