It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: John Rimmasch Sentenced to 30 Months in Prison
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 pm 

superheater wrote:
If you exercise against an individual you will need to sue them.
Wrong again. We go against individuals every day and we very rarely sue them (in all my years in the business, ive never seen a claim of mine being sued against the claimant). We just send the recovery to a collections agency if we can't collect directly. That's usually in the case where someone doesn't have insurance or it was an intentional act.
Like I wrote earlier, this is a subject that people often think they understand, but rarely do.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:49 pm 

As it happens, I received a subrogation letter within the past several weeks, over an accident involving a company vehicle for which I was listed as an OR (to facilitate renewing the registration if a personal visit to DMV were necessary).

Naturally I had an agreement from the company that I would be held harmless in the event of any accident to the vehicle. A copy was duly sent, with a cover letter, back to the insurance company, who I expect to pursue the company separately for the amount they have paid out.

I am the victim of several collisions caused by motorists without insurance. In every case my insurance company has indicated they are pursuing subrogation to recover any of their paid-out cost they can. These insurers are for-profit businesses, and we should not expect them not to make the effort when there might be a consideration of 'money on the table'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:53 pm 

Thread creep is well in effect, but this bears mentioning:
Overmod wrote:
I am the victim of several collisions caused by motorists without insurance. In every case my insurance company has indicated they are pursuing subrogation to recover any of their paid-out cost they can. These insurers are for-profit businesses, and we should not expect them not to make the effort when there might be a consideration of 'money on the table'.
Thank you for illustrating a 'real world' experience.
As someone with a great deal of time in 'the biz,' we all get really tired of all the self-stylized 'experts in everything,' who provide a never-ending source of comedy (and eye-rolling) from those trying to tell us how it works. 99.9% of the time, they couldn't further from the actual facts, because they relied on their uncle's second-cousin's next-door neighbor who knew a guy 20 years ago who said _________...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7