It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Who's here?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:15 am 

Well, not here as much as I would like (and have been told I am "not all there") but I get here as often as I can.

Ken E. Stavinoha
Historian
Rosenberg Railroad Museum
Rosenberg, TX

rrm@texas.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:38 pm 

>Jim Vaitkunas, General Superintendent
Como-Harriet Streetcar Line
Minnesota Transportation Museum

http://www.mtmuseum.org
jvaitkunas@msn.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:06 pm 

By far the best and most professionally informative RR related site on the web. It is a pleasure to read.

v-scarpitti@att.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:09 pm 

I also love this site. I am a 23-year member of "Project 2472", now the Golden Gate Railroad Museum. I was the first woman in the group - joined in 1979. I am a "gopher" and all-around general helper, and now am a docent almost every weekend. NOT an officer, and do NOT in any way speak for the GGRM. I just enjoy learning all this neat technical stuff.

Y'know, I never did understand "Scotty's" [Chief Engineer, USS "Enterprise"] fascination with "technical journals" until I became a railfan and joined the 2472 restoration crew. I even find the ads in "Railway Age" "fascinating" [Thank you, Mr. Spock! :)]

I agree that no member of any organization should ever speak for that organization without permission. That said, I disagree strongly with managers who try to forbid members from coming here and asking questions. We only learn if we are willing to learn - and that means asking questions.

Margaret Monroe
Member, Golden Gate Railroad Museum
San Francisco, CA

Golden Gate Railroad Museum
mhm2472@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:19 pm 

Jim Fitzgerald, railfan and interested in all things steam. Member of many groups, master of none. Lurk and learn. Very interesting stuff here.

fitzrr@pioneer.net

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:27 am 

Kevin Gillespie, Docent at B&O Railroad Museum, railfan, and all around history junkie. I earn my living as a Station Manager for Dollar Rent-A-Car Systems at Baltimore-Washington International Airport.

Like Angie Morefield, RYPN is my morning coffee reading. I appreciate the work that Hume and Erik put into providing this site for all of us, and post when I feel I can contribute something of substance to the discussion.

The Interchange is always good reading, but the Flimsies section is a hidden gem that I have only discovered in the last month or so.

kevin.r.gillespie@verizon.net

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7