It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: All-Time Steamtown Roster: Has It Been Done?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:17 pm 

Hello, I am working on the project titled in this thread, but i am unsure of the dispositions of some equipment. I'd be greatly appreciative if anyone could provide information on the following cars:

Passenger Equipment
-Boston and Maine Wood Combine #2071
-Boston and Maine Wood Combine #626
-Boston and Maine Wood Coach #210
-Boston and Maine Wood Coach #1216
-Boston and Maine Baggage #3331
-Delaware and Hudson Coach #222 (One other RYPN thread mentions this car and #223 as being sold at the same time as SP/T&NO 314)
-Delaware and Hudson Coach #223
-Erie #2056
-Long Island Railroad Ping-Pong Coaches #7016, #7018, #7035, #7092, #7115, #7127, #7393, #7394, #7399, #7401, #7426, #7468, #7472, #7483. (I know many Ping-Pongs were scrapped, but I couldn't find which ones. The ones listed are only the ones where I am unaware of their current existence.)
-Central Railroad of New Jersey Coaches (x9), went to Pier 4 in Boston, MA. (Were these scrapped, or moved somewhere? Also, what were their CNJ numbers?)

Freight Equipment
-Boston and Maine Outside-Braced Wood Boxcar #65278
-Rutland Boxcar #9008
-Rutland Boxcar #8253
-Lake Superior and Ishpeming Boxcars #2509 #2565 #2569 #2592 #2613 (These cars are painted for the Green Mountain Railroad, I was unable to match the numbers to the ones currently existing at Steamtown.)
-Central Vermont Wooden Boxcar #40369

Any bit of information would be helpful, and I thank everyone in advance!
-Corey Page
(P.S., Do I get a reward for posting in a thread where the last post is older than me? :P)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:19 am 

Corey,

the CV boxcar was a late acquisition @ Bellows falls, along with a VTR/CV caboose which has been reduced to metal parts a few years ago in Scranton. the CV boxcar is now at RMNE in Thomaston Ct. two other cars were in the trade a STJ&LC caboose (needs help) and The B&M Coach (the movie car) the movie car is on its last legs and may have been scraped by now.

As to all the ping pongs that were scraped in Bellows falls i do not know if a list exists today. all of these cars were donated to a new bellows Falls group. who found them on the ground less trucks, and sequentially abandoned them. the new property owner ended up doing the rendering. in all i think there were close to 50 rail vehicles left behind, of which the new group attempted to save 9 pieces, which ultimately were sold to private individuals, the three cabooses being the only survivors, and coach 1246. the other five pieces included two or three Rutland boxcars, a Rutland combine, and a Steel CV MOW coach. most of which were munched on site at BF after the new owners further abandoned them.

Al P.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:27 pm 

A ways higher up in this thread was mention of the UP 737 (BLW,1887) being at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum at Portola, California.

She is now at the Double T Agricultural Museum at Stevenson, California. They also have a Santa Fe baggage car from the Western Railway Museum.

Ted Miles retired but interested in steam locomotives

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:58 am 

Hi All

Here a little update on (2) ex Simons steel locomotives,, the information and photos came from Steam Locomotive information...
The (2) locomotives are still located in New England, one locomotive is in New Hampshire, at Clark's trading Post...
The other is located in Connecticut, at the Valley Railroad,,now called
Essex Steam train & riverboat.. this was the locomotive sitting in the junkyard,, Pat..
Attachment:
File comment: From Steam Locomotive information..
Steam-Locomotive-Information(3).jpg
Steam-Locomotive-Information(3).jpg [ 26.49 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: From Steam locomotive information
Steam-Locomotive-Information(4).jpg
Steam-Locomotive-Information(4).jpg [ 25.52 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]