It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PRR ND Cabin Cars
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am 

The David Bevan estate (Philadelphia) had an ND on the property as a private structure and was sold or donated when the property changed hands. He was the PC treasurer.
Car number was 492015 or at least painted up with that number. Last I heard was that it ended up on RMPA for potential restoration, was disassembled and was too far gone to save and the only thing left might be steel parts of the frame. Confirm? I've seen what looks like some ND parts down there the last time I visited.

It's listed on at least one web page of PRR equipment. Rick, might be a heads-up on where to find running gear for the Clarion one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am 

PRR41466 wrote:
Do any of you know what the PRR number to my ND LEF 7 was? Also, do we have any current whereabouts on that ND bare frame? Sure would be awesome to locate some missing parts for it.

Update on my ND: We got it jacked up off the ground this last weekend. Planning to osb the sides to sure it up next.

I heard a rumor a while back the the Clarion County Historical Society has the records of the LEF&C. Might be worth a call.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:17 pm 

PRR 476052 Private ownership; not open to the public. Stored, BIDA Complex, (former ACF), Berwick, PA.

This car was moved from Berwick, PA, yesterday (3-5-2020) to a new secure location by it's owner.

Photos 1 and 2 were taken in Rupert, PA during the move to it's new location. Photos 3 thru 6 were taken (with owners permission) at the Berwick BIDA complex a few days before the move. The special move also included two Conrail Steel Cabooses and a DL&W Wooden Caboose, as well as an old PRR SW1 (former West Shore Railroad). The move was done by the North Shore Railroad.

Attachments:
FF.jpg
FF.jpg [ 279.95 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]
DD.jpg
DD.jpg [ 197.91 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]
EE.jpg
EE.jpg [ 223.57 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]
CC.jpg
CC.jpg [ 222.45 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]
BB.jpg
BB.jpg [ 268.47 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]
AA.jpg
AA.jpg [ 192.57 KiB | Viewed 3853 times ]

email me at: berwickrailfan at hotmail dot com
http://www.BerwickRailFan.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:23 pm 

Randy,

Your details about Bevan's ND cabin car are correct. It sat beside Bevan's pool as a pool house for years and soaked up considerable moisture, so understandably there was tremendous rot. The biggest concern was when the curator at the time promised the donor that the museum would fully restore the cabin car without getting permission from his superiors that landed him in hot water! But it was clear from the get-go that the cabin car was too far gone to save. After disassembly many of the parts went into the restoration of the RRMPa's ex-H&BTM caboose which is presently on display in Rolling Stock Hall.

K.R. Bell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:18 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
I know this is the PRR ND cabin thread, but before anyone starts asking:

The other cabooses in this train that aren't as obvious include DL&W 849, which spent years at a motel and restaurant in South Williamsport, Pa. before the property was sold. From its construction/design, I spent years convinced it was some replica/kit built atop another frame (look at those windows, and you would understand), but if [NAME WITHHELD] took the trouble to save it, it must be the real thing.
Also in that consist is ex-PRR N8 478044. I'm not sure which of the "Northeastern" cabooses is in there--I seem to recall he/she got CR 18737/RDG 92904, a longtime Northumberland assignee, but there was also ex-LV 95076/CR 18654 on that line stored for a while for someone else......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:23 pm 

To update the list some more, the cabin car at Age of Steam Roundhouse has stenciling on the center sill for Pittsburgh Chartiers & Youghiogheny Rwy #20 (PC&Y).
TJ Sposato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:36 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
TJ Sposato wrote:
To update the list some more, the cabin car at Age of Steam Roundhouse has stenciling on the center sill for Pittsburgh Chartiers & Youghiogheny Rwy #20 (PC&Y).

The famous gag about that line: "The name is longer than the railroad!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:15 am 

While nothing is set in stone yet, I am trying to gather information regarding one of the ND frames mentioned. The ND at Williams Grove is privately owned and I am in the early stages of attempting to obtain it. In order to do so confidently I would like to know if any ND frames would available for me to obtain as 15's frame is, for all intents and purposes, lost to time.