It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: CP 2816/excursions: Officially Dead?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:34 pm 

I would expect work to accelerate on the #2860 now that the museum has acquired the old BC rail shops which are huge.

Post subject: Re: CP 2816/excursions: Officially Dead?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 am 

I would warn against any speculation, unwarranted/unproven statements, and contradictions to statements made by the caretakers and owners of any locomotive. Such actions have proven fruitless and often counterproductive in the past. By contradicting and arguing with a statement made by the locomotive's officially entitled caretaker, we are accomplishing two things. Providing either untimely or sometimes entirely untrue information for anyone from the internet to absorb and spread, and making said caretaker wary of making any further updates or statements regarding the matter.

I apologize if this was an uncalled-for interjection.
I speak merely as an aficionado of North American steam living overseas, one that is very much dependent on RYPN as a source of information on new developments in the North American railroad preservation field. From where I stand, credible updates from the people "in the know" regarding specific locomotives is invaluable, and I sincerely worry that a miscommunication in discussions such as this would impact decisions by locomotive and equipment owners/caretakers regarding dissemination of accurate and up-to-date information.

Just my 2 yen.

Sincerely,
That Japanese guy who just couldn't keep his mouth shut

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5