It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We need this site,
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:21 pm 

Hi folks,

I don't know how many of you use www.railterminal.com but the site is down now because of the death of the man this site belonged to. His brother-in-law is looking for someone to care for it. I have used this site often, especially when I am planning a trip. It brings folks to the museums and tourist railroads that are the backbone of the preservation effort. I would take the site myself but my husband says I don't know near enough about computers to do the job.So, I'm appealing to you folks out there to do something to keep this site up and running. If I can be of any assistance in this, I will gladly help. For more information, go to www.railterminal.com. There is a message there as to how to contact someone for information. I tried to do a cut and paste but my husband is right, I don't know enough.Thanks in advance to any who are interested.

Just train crazy,

-Angie

Ladypardus@cs.com

Post subject: Re: We need this site,
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:51 pm 

> Hi folks,

> I don't know how many of you use
> www.railterminal.com but the site is down
> now because of the death of the man this
> site belonged to. His brother-in-law is
> looking for someone to care for it. I have
> used this site often, especially when I am
> planning a trip. It brings folks to the
> museums and tourist railroads that are the
> backbone of the preservation effort. I would
> take the site myself but my husband says I
> don't know near enough about computers to do
> the job.So, I'm appealing to you folks out
> there to do something to keep this site up
> and running. If I can be of any assistance
> in this, I will gladly help. For more
> information, go to www.railterminal.com.
> There is a message there as to how to
> contact someone for information. I tried to
> do a cut and paste but my husband is right,
> I don't know enough.Thanks in advance to any
> who are interested.

> Just train crazy,

> -Angie

Oooh, that is NOT good. That is a VERY good site and a good quick reference tool. That would be a natural joint effort for the folks at ARM and TRAIN to pick up. jim

Wrinnbo@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 9:30 pm 

You can still access the site by bypassing the home page. After the main URL, type / and the two letter state abbreviation followed by rr for example: www.railterminal.com/carr for California attractions. I agree the site is invaluable when planning vacations.

On another note, could I please get responses to my January 5th thread about stages of restoration. I need some help.

Thanks,

Corey Wylde

Orange Empire Railway Museum
wyld@oc-net.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:48 pm 

I agree that we must save this site, I would bet every museum and railroad on that list has gotten visitors because of it. I too would take it up myself if I had the knowledge. Lets get the word out on the site, it benefits every organization on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:59 am 

HEY EVEYBODY! I just got an e-mail back from the brother-in-law and he says he has passed the site along to someone and that it will be up again soon. HOORAY FOR OUR SIDE AND FOR GOOD MEN LIKE THIS THAT WOULDN'T LET A GOOD THING DIE! I will write him a thank you note from all of us, and include the concern of all of you who were so good as to post and show your support. THANKS FOLKS! Keep an eye out and write me when the site goes back up if you see it before I do. I'll let you all know if I don't hear anything first.

Just Train Crazy,

-Angie

Ladypardus@cs.com