| Railway Preservation News https://rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum https://rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25320 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ray Montgomery [ Mon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
The narrow gauge forum seems to be down OR is it just me??? |
|
| Author: | HOD Bill [ Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
Yep. Locked. done! See topic about forum self discipline. |
|
| Author: | gbrewer [ Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
That is true, but there is a new alternative site, Narrow Gauge Talk Forum, at http://narrowgaugetalk.freeforums.org/ |
|
| Author: | Ray Montgomery [ Tue May 20, 2008 5:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
Thanks I missed that one. |
|
| Author: | Chris Webster [ Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
While I am not speaking for Don, my personal expectation is that the NGDF will reopen -- several people have been actively working on moving it to another host. Also, no offense to gbrewer, but I think the NGDF's archives are far too valuable to abandon in a move to a "new alternative site". -- Chris Webster http://www.speakeasy.org/~cwebster HOD Bill wrote: Yep. Locked. done! See topic about forum self discipline.
|
|
| Author: | gbrewer [ Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
No offense taken Chris, and I certainly agree with you. Just pointing out the fact that someone has generously stepped up to fill the void (not me). I too wish to see the old Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum return -- I miss my daily visits. |
|
| Author: | Loco112 [ Mon May 26, 2008 11:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
Quote: ). I too wish to see the old Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum return -- I miss my daily visits.
I don't. I want to see a better one, one where the moderator doesn't read all the PMs, one where everyone is treated with courtesy whether the moderator knows them or not. Nope I want an NG forum that operates the way the old ngdf should have run and the way it was proposed to us initially; fair, honest and simple. Maybe the new one will attain this if these new kids run it the way they want it to run. I think they have a great shot at being the only significant NG forum and I hope they are soon. By the way, in my opinion, nothing is protected on the NGDF site, so if you want something that you posted, go and get it and move it to a new site. David |
|
| Author: | Chris Webster [ Wed May 28, 2008 5:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum |
The NGDF is open for posting again: http://www.ngdiscussion.net -- Chris Webster |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|