It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EMD NW2 Training Slides in HRA Technical Library
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:22 pm 

A set of EMD NW2 training slides based on diagrams in the 1941 manual has been posted to the HRA Technical Library, joining the SW1 slide set previously posted. These slides are a cleaned up presentation of the system diagrams in the 1941 1st edition manual, which was generally the most detailed technical presentation on these locomotives. Subsequent printings did not have as good diagrams for training use.

I have also recently donated a selection of my locomotive training instructor reference materials to the Barriger Library. These are being made available as a starting point for preservation groups that want to develop training programs for their heritage equipment. Barriger Library was selected for donation of these printed locomotive builders training archives after consideration of, and discussions with, a number of museums and libraries.

PC

Post subject: Re: EMD NW2 Training Slides in HRA Technical Library
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 am 

I am adding to the original posting that locomotive performance charts and tables for a variety of EMD, Alco and GE products commonly found in preservation and tourist/shortline service are now being forwarded to HRA for posting in their library, and the original documents are being sent to Barriger Library and will eventually be cataloged there.

Sorry I cannot do special requests or searches for particular equipment or individual owners. Items are being scanned and sent in the order they are packaged for shipment. It may not be the best organized process, but hopefully eventually it will all get done.

PC