It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RyPN articles
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm 

Hi,

I have some articles I have written over the years that I really want to see published somewhere. Among them are one on a historic depot and another on the Iowa Pacific Hoosier State.

By chance, would any of the moderators here be interested in having them posted in the Articles section of RyPN? There hasn't been an article posted there for almost a decade, so I would be more than willing to give some of mine to revive the section.

Thomas Dyrek

Post subject: Re: RyPN articles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 pm 

Thomas, I sent an e-mail to the person who is handling the editing of the articles section to try to make sure that they see your posting.

There has been an ongoing discussion of an overall update of the articles section.

PC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 am 

Trainkid456 wrote:
Hi,

I have some articles I have written over the years that I really want to see published somewhere. Among them are one on a historic depot and another on the Iowa Pacific Hoosier State.

Thomas Dyrek

Hello Thomas ...

In addition to this site ...have you considered Railway & Locomotive Historical Society? (Founded in 1921, it was the first organization to focus on railroad history. Its purpose is to promote research, writing, and public knowledge about all aspects of railroading, including its development, operation, motive power, workforce, and cultural impact.)

Secondly, I encourage you to consider posting your articles on Wikipedia. As an example, I have attached this link ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... ed_in_1885
I would be pleased to help you learn the editing if need be ...

Best wishes ...

Mike OConnor ... mike@fplmuseum.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am 

For printed publication, the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society magazine RAILROAD HISTORY is definitely an excellent choice to publish articles.

http://www.rlhs.org

PC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm 

PCook wrote:
Thomas, I sent an e-mail to the person who is handling the editing of the articles section to try to make sure that they see your posting.

There has been an ongoing discussion of an overall update of the articles section.

PC

Thanks. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Quote:

Hello Thomas ...

In addition to this site ...have you considered Railway & Locomotive Historical Society? (Founded in 1921, it was the first organization to focus on railroad history. Its purpose is to promote research, writing, and public knowledge about all aspects of railroading, including its development, operation, motive power, workforce, and cultural impact.)

Secondly, I encourage you to consider posting your articles on Wikipedia. As an example, I have attached this link ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... ed_in_1885
I would be pleased to help you learn the editing if need be ...

Best wishes ...

Mike OConnor ... mike@fplmuseum.org

I've thought about posting to Wikipedia before but my articles are more of a story style and wouldn't really fit in there. I will look into the Railway and Locomotive Historical Society because they may want some of my pieces on Illinois railroad history.

Thomas