It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Santa Fe Diesels at Sacramento
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:54 am 

Old Smokey wrote:
hadder wrote:
Those A & B units in Warbonnet are stunning! When were those photos taken? Are those units operational, or just cosmetically displayed?

Eric

I took those shots when visiting the museum in 1990. Don't know the present status.

O.S.

I can't recall seeing them anywhere around the site when I was there in May 2016.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:45 am 

Quote:
Well depending on how you define "operating" the Santa Fe M.177 at Travel Town is now operating

So if the M177 is operating then that's two that operate!! Which is great news. The Museum owns and uses the M160 on occasion to do light switching in the new yard, but they mainly use the F-7.

Quote:
OT, but how many of the original Santa Fe F-3/7/9s survived the CF-7 program, and if so where are they?

I don't know if about how many CF-7s are left, but the MARR recently received two as a donation from TXI(?) cement.

Quote:
The F7A and F7B at CSRM, which are not to my knowledge being deaccessioned.

They are not, and are not a part of this transfer to Texas. If I recall correctly, the two F units that are at CSRM are the ONLY TWO ORIGINAL Santa Fe F units left in existence and I can't imagine CSRM getting rid of them. The F unit that MARR owns is a recreation based off of an F unit from Canada and the B unit that is being transferred to Texas is an ex SP unit that the museum hopes to "restore" to Santa Fe livery.

MS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Peter Nicholson wrote:
They are going to the Museum of the American Railroad in Frisco, TX.

UPDATE:

According to reports with photos on That Social Media Site So Many Of You Hate, the four locos-on-flatcars in question were spotted Saturday, Nov. 25 eastbound on the former Santa Fe Transcon between Kingman and Seligman. Exact route to Frisco not yet reported.