It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Would you want to see a new J1e?
Yes 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: New J1e Hudson: Could it be a feasable new build?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:58 pm 

Hello. It's that guy again. So, As I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty much heck-bent on building a new N&W Y6-B no matter how much people poo-poo on the idea. However, today I'd like to talk about a much more feasible option in the eyes of just about everyone: The New York Central J1e Hudson. I really like these engines, being the basis for Lionel's famed 700e and all of that sweet stuff. The J1e has been an engine that many preservationists have wanted to see for awhile now. Being a passenger engine, it definitely could tackle mainline excursions with ease. Do you think this could work?

"What Responsible Driver would stop, as if he was at a roadside layby? It's Rule 55, you can't do it!"- the Rev. W. Awdry

Post subject: Re: New J1e Hudson: Could it be a feasable new build?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm 

How about instead of throwing out every idea and seeing what sticks, you try picking one for yourself and working on it?

Look, I get what you're doing. You're probably young, you're passionate about this idea, and you really want to see it work. You're probably passionate about this almost to a fault. I think we've all been there before. But this shotgun approach to ideas doesn't work. You'll find you have a lot more success and respect if you can develop a clear and feasible plan for any preservation project. Also, be open to constructive criticism. The posters in your other threads have all brought up very reasonable things you need to consider and you just told everyone else that those posters poo-poo'ed your ideas. They didn't rain on your parade - they brought reason into your idea.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that perhaps removing the Thomas the Tank Engine quote from your signature might be a good start towards gaining respect. The little blue bastard is seen as kind of a necessary evil and not always well tolerated.