It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maine Central #501 & John Smythe
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:27 pm 

In my opinion, as soon as David Swirk & Co. decides to start actual planning, this should be posted in a NEW topic on the Interchange, and discussed there going forward.

An early step might be formulation of a feasibility plan similar to that worked out for the T1 Trust: lay out assumptions, resources, timelines and goals, etc. in a coherent framework as complete as possible, and then work out initial project management strategy from that.

None of this should be considered as "binding" -- it is just a way to get all the i's and t's on paper to be sure they will be dotted and crossed at appropriate times. We then flesh this out with descriptions of the various 'best practices' that can be used at the different stages...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:21 pm 

I agree with you 100%. I believe the other 501 discussion that was on the Interchange Section of this website was receiving more responses & views from interested parties than this one. I didn't mean to create this post & include my name, I only did so to draw attention the best way I could. I was aware that property sale negotiations were underway many months ago, but I was asked to keep this to myself till the proper time, which I did.
I'd like to request that perhaps one of the Moderators create a NEW MEC #501 Topic on The Interchange that will allow everyone a chance to discuss any & all news about The #501 being put back into active service again. There was a active #501 Topic on The Interchange but it was locked recently for some reason. Lets open a NEW official Topic & begin to chime in. Thanks for your great idea!

MEC 2-8-0 #501..... " The Real Legend of Crawford Notch! "

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:09 pm 

I began a NEW THREAD back over on The Interchange Section of this website. It's entitled.... " Maine Central #501 & Plans To Refurbish & Operate Her " I think that this particular thread can be closed and ask that everybody whose shares an interest in seeing her restored & operated again by Conway Scenic RR switch to the Interchange section and start posting. Because of my involvement with The 470 RR Club, Matt Rines as my boss, and myself playing the role of Master Mechanic of record between 1995-2000 I have a tremendous amount of documents, letters, photos & video, etc that will hopefully allow me to answer many questions which could surface.

MEC 2-8-0 #501..... " The Real Legend of Crawford Notch! "