It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: K-2 Class Pacific's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:44 pm 

Hello
Hey, I'm new to this forum so I'm learning as I go! I have been looking, high and low, for information and hopefully drawings for the K-d Class 4-6-2 Pacific,like the one with a road number of 3528. It could be a different road number but this is the class and the look which I want to copy! Apparently, and this makes it even more difficult, some were built with the 80" drivers, which is what I would like to do. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Thanks for any help you may offer!
Gary

Post subject: Re: K-2 Class Pacific's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:29 pm 

Pacific's and More wrote:
Hello
Hey, I'm new to this forum so I'm learning as I go! I have been looking, high and low, for information and hopefully drawings for the K-d Class 4-6-2 Pacific,like the one with a road number of 3528. It could be a different road number but this is the class and the look which I want to copy! Apparently, and this makes it even more difficult, some were built with the 80" drivers, which is what I would like to do. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Thanks for any help you may offer!
Gary

What railroad?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 pm 

I can't answer that as some of these locomotives have all but disappeared without any history trail or even pictures! I'm hoping someone will recognize this class and the look, and be able to guide me to a locomotive,at least similar to this, which has survived somewhere. Sorry that I have so little search info to give you! If you Goggle, 4-6-2 Pacific 3528 and then click images, it's the first pic in the upper LH corner, at least that's where it appears from my PC location. If I can find information or drawings of that class of loco, having the 80"drivers that would be it.I know this is like finding a needle in a hay stack but I thought I would give it a try!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 pm 

New York Central Lines
Baldwin Locomotive Works 1913
79” drivers.
Assuming what I got at Google is the same as your result.
Try the New York Central Historical Society for drawings.
https://nycshs.org

Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm 

If that is his locomotive, she's from the Boston & Albany, and he'll be looking for her and her sisters under at least two numbers, due to a renumbering that apparently went for the whole B&A roster.

https://sites.google.com/site/bostonalb ... tank/4-6-2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 am 

Ok, thank you all for the help! I have now found some good photos, a little more info and I will certainly check out that book, much appreciated! I have decided to break my search down into what might be for a more doable solution. I am now looking for prototype chassis drawings for any Pennsy K-4 Pacific, as these had the 80"drivers and were the most plentiful locomotives out there ,so I'm hoping there will still be drawings available for that, in paper or digital form! If I can, with anyone's help,find those drawings I can do the K-4 chassis, which has a very similar look to the K-d ! Later then, maybe, I will at least be able to find an erection drawing for the K-d and then do rest of the cosmetic look from photos!
Gary