It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lone Ranger "Just Train Wrong" The Movie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 am 

Still haven't gone to the movie (and likely won't--guess who wound up with a new cat that's going to have to go to a vet for a checkup and other things), but did come across these clips from "behind the scenes," and thought they might be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBscf5cQZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3AaaekasC8

Some of the stuff is quite "over the top," and isn't what I would have done, but I do have to say those prop trains do look decent on film, especially just doing what trains should do (i.e., just run down the track, no sliding for hundreds of feet on their sides); some of the stunt work certainly looks impressive as well.

Now, somebody tell me how to sell a script based on "One Way To Eldorodo," or "The Long Trains Roll," or even "High Tension". . .or figure out how to raise the money to have it made at some reasonable cost. . .

Post subject: Re: Lone Ranger "Just Train Wrong" The Movie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 am 

J3a-614 wrote:
Some of the stuff is quite "over the top," and isn't what I would have done, but I do have to say those prop trains do look decent on film, especially just doing what trains should do (i.e., just run down the track, no sliding for hundreds of feet on their sides)
Wait'll you see the movie, you'll eat those words. Especially when you see how flexible a main rod apparently can be in the movie world...