It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heavyweight Erie Diner office conversion in Ohio--FREE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THIS OFFER, AND THE INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED FIRST-HAND YET. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

The following was posted to Facebook Marketplace "over a week ago":

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 093714906/

"FREE. Converted office, plumbing and heating! Must go. A.S.A.P "

The offer is being made by a Joshua Jones, phone number 740-415-0627. He apparently has a day job and will not be answering the phone, texts, etc. until convenient.

The FB Marketplace ad lists out of Lancaster, Ohio; I have no idea where said car actually is. I suspect one of our loyal readers and passenger car experts will recognize it and chime in.

UPDATE: More from "diningcartim":
Quote:
This is former Erie Lackawanna 747. It was sold off the deadline at Port Jervis, NY circa 1973 to an individual who operated it on the New Hope & Ivyland until about 1980. Sold to a railroad contracting firm in Columbus, Ohio who moved it there (along with an ex-New York Central baggage car with end doors that was in theater prop service at one point) to a siding where they were used as offices. The interior of the diner was in pretty good shape, body/structural condition was "poor".

Another party:
Quote:
The car is land locked, no access to rail, plus it has at least one broken leaf spring. It may be free but spring by truck will cost $10K or more to move.