It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEPTA PCC's on Craigslist
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 pm 

I'll just drop this here. I am not in any way associated with the seller, but several people on Facebook claim to know him and confirm that this is a legitimate listing. Let's hope they can find a good home for these junkers.
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bfs/d/for-sale-used-trolley-cars/6453432816.html

Post subject: Re: SEPTA PCC's on Craigslist
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm 

ColebrookdaleRailfan wrote:
I'll just drop this here. I am not in any way associated with the seller, but several people on Facebook claim to know him and confirm that this is a legitimate listing. Let's hope they can find a good home for these junkers.
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bfs/d/for-sale-used-trolley-cars/6453432816.html

They are asking $10k each.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
I have been told by someone deep in the trolley preservation network that these cars are already legally in the possession of a scrapper "just down the street," but that said scrapper is wiling to "wheel and deal" for various parts (trucks, M-G sets, etc.),and that some parties are already at work haggling.

I trust my source more than Craigslist ads--especially as he's looking for some of the parts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:44 pm 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
I have been told by someone deep in the trolley preservation network that these cars are already legally in the possession of a scrapper "just down the street," but that said scrapper is wiling to "wheel and deal" for various parts (trucks, M-G sets, etc.),and that some parties are already at work haggling.

I trust my source more than Craigslist ads--especially as he's looking for some of the parts.

name of said scrapper?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
If someone has a serious need, PM/e-mail me and I'll go through my contacts and get a name.

Be prepared to tell me what you want/need and how much you're offering. That kind of tells me how serious you are.

(My contacts reserve the right to be ahead of you in line.)