|Railway Preservation News
|Dispatch Supervisor position -- Loop Trolley, St. Louis, MO
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||LoopTrolleySTL [ Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Dispatch Supervisor position -- Loop Trolley, St. Louis, MO|
The Loop Trolley Company in St. Louis, MO is looking for a qualified Dispatch Supervisor (part-time, transitioning to full-time) to join our team. Please review the complete job description below or visit our website: http://www.looptrolley.com/job-opportunities/. Directions on How To Apply are at the bottom of the job description.
Dispatch Supervisor -- Loop Trolley Company, St. Louis, MO
Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for supervising Trolley Operators, ensuring the safe and effective operation of all station functions while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. This position is also responsible for the safe dispatching of all Mainline and Yard staff in the Loop Trolley Transportation system. The Dispatch Supervisor must be knowledgeable with established Schedules, Rules, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Safety guidelines, and must exercise sound judgment during the assigned shift. Must be proficient in all duties of field supervisory and dispatching while supporting all functions of Loop Trolley Operations.
The Dispatch Supervisor position will begin as part-time (20-25 hours/week) and transition to full-time on or before July 15th, 2017. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform fitness for duty checks of Trolley Operators.
• Assign Trolleys and distribute daily documents to operators.
• Know all signal and routing commands and how to apply them following the established Rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Special Orders, Track Allocation and Safety Guidelines.
• Assist with training operations, contractors and city personnel as required
• Notify and coordinate with the first responders all emergencies. He/she must be proficient in the use of radios, telephones and Public Announcements (PA) Systems, all which are used to help mitigate the emergency.
• Proficient in the operation of the CCTV system.
• Document all occurrences and complete required reports (Accident/Incidents, Unusual Occurrences and Special Reports) in accordance with the established procedures.
• Perform the basic recovery procedures as required to get the system back on line with a minimal negative impact on revenue service and daily passenger movement.
• Coordinate pull-out and pull-in Trolley’s in accordance with the established times and run numbers in the Time Table.
• Keep his/her immediate supervisor informed of all occurrences during the shift.
• Maintain operating schedules to determine dispatching requirements.
• In the event of an emergency, provide the Incident Commander with any assistance and cooperation he/she requires.
• Maintain professional two-way radio communications at all times.
• Supervise Operators, providing instruction in operating rules and procedures.
• Report cases of exceptional performance, good or bad, to the Director of Operations.
• Monitor station, system and vehicle loading conditions, including station cleanliness, reporting all problems to maintenance personnel as required.
• Respond to service failures, troubleshoots and provides on-site incident command in the event of a serious problem.
• Maintain radio contact with trolley personnel to quickly resolve abnormal occurrences.
• Respond to passenger inquiries as required.
• Perform other administrative, clerical and support duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED, Associate's degree or above preferred. At least three years of relevant work experience, with at least one year in a supervisory capacity. Extended work experience may be substituted for educational credentials if appropriate, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak, read, and write English in a work setting. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possession of a valid driver's license in the appropriate class and any other certificates, licenses and registrations as required by law to perform the specified functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line “Dispatch Supervisor”.
Loop Trolley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group