|Railway Preservation News
|Maintenance Leader position - Loop Trolley, St. Louis, MO
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||LoopTrolleySTL [ Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Maintenance Leader position - Loop Trolley, St. Louis, MO|
The Loop Trolley Company in St. Louis, MO is looking for a qualified Maintenance Leader (full-time) to join our team. Please review the complete job description below or visit our website: http://www.looptrolley.com/job-opportunities/. Directions on How To Apply are at the bottom of the job description.
The Maintenance Leader is responsible for leading and working with others in the inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of trolleys and trolley operating systems. The primary focus is assuring that the trolley cars needed for scheduled or special service are ready maintained to provide safe and reliable service. In order to accomplish this, the maintenance leader must be a qualified mechanic with recent experience in successfully maintaining similar equipment.
The Maintenance Leader position is a full-time position. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
• Establish a defined, data-based program of preventative and corrective maintenance designed to provide maximum trolley availability for testing and revenue service. Manages the implementation of the program, including scheduling preventative and corrective maintenance, assisting in diagnosis and troubleshooting equipment problems.
• Leads the maintenance workforce including: planning and directing the work, hiring, training and employee development; handling discipline and employee complaints; terminations; and reviewing employee performance.
• Works closely with the Director of Operations to plan fleet availability and provide the status of maintenance and budget requirements. Communicates availability of vehicles for service to operations personnel.
• Regularly reviews financial reports and reports budget variances as required. Adjusts work program to fit budget. Reviews repair orders; reviews and approves account payable documents.
• Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with state, federal and LTC operating rules and safety requirements.
• Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs. Orders parts and subcontracts for work.
• Ensures maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
• Arranges services for grounds keeping, building, traction power and track maintenance.
• Utilizes a variety of test equipment, PC and graphic information to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and qualify components and circuits to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
• Completes special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
• Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems as used in historic and modern streetcars/trolleys.
• Knowledge of rail systems, including traction power, signal and track
• Knowledge and skilled use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings.
• Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to train others in attaining high skill levels in inspections and repairs.
• Demonstrated computer skills.
Education and/or Experience
Completion of technical school or apprentice program, supplemented by considerable hands-on mechanical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as a work leader or supervisor is highly desirable. Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement or rebuilding mechanical equipment and systems. Experience in electrical repairs, and testing advanced electrical/electronic systems and reading/interpreting circuit diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings. Experience in both A/C and D/C electrical systems. Experience in the maintenance of railroad or rail transit equipment, including welding.
Ability to speak, read, and write English in a work setting. Ability to read and understand professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possession of a valid Class B CDL license with Pass Endorsement, including Air Brake Test Pass Endorsement and any other certificates, licenses and registrations as required by law to perform the specified functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or climb. The job requires lifting of 20lbs to 50lbs.
Required to wear safety apparel and equipment when necessary. Shop, field, train or yard locations with moderate to high noise level, lighting of various degrees, floors of carpet/metal and various heat/cold conditions and inclement weather. Must have visual acuity and hearing capability to perform the essential functions of the job unless other vision or hearing standards are required by law. Must have ability to distinguish and separate sounds around machinery and tools. Must be able to work safely on or around loose materials, uneven or raised surfaces, and metal plates and equipment.
Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull loads in accordance with all applicable safety rules. Must have a complete understanding of the safety procedures needed to work on high voltage electrical equipment.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com , with the subject line “Maintenance Leader”.
Loop Trolley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group