It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baldwin Locomotive Magazines For Sale
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:19 am 

For Sale: Baldwin Locomotive Magazines
As far as I know the collection is complete. It also includes the 1948 Index.
Most of the individual mags are in excellent condition. I did find one or two from the late 30s or 40s that are complete but are a little rough. The 1st bound volume has some issues in which the cotton thread used to bind them is coming loose.
Here are some notes on inventory.
July 1922, Vol.1, No.1 thru April 1934, Vol.12, No.4 are in 5 binders. Most of these issues are in the 70+ pages range. All years are full 4 issues.
Individual issues: From July 1934, Vol.13, the last in this collection which is Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton, Vol.7, No.1 & 2, 1st & 2nd Qtrs, 1951. This may have been the last issued.
There are 48 issues in the binders and 44 individual issues. There are a number of years in which there were only 2 issues printed. Total of 92 issues.
The Index covers 1922 thru 1948. It was prepared by Thomas T. Taber III & Paul T. Warner with a pub. date of November 1948. This is a cross reference by subjects. I think these two were directors or other high management in that time frame.
The first 2 binders have a name on the bottom of the spine in gold. This fellow was an executive of Baldwin in the teens and 20s. I suspect that these two binders may have been his.
$2500.00 plus shipping. Shipping weight is extra.

The weight of the box with all issues inside is 52 pounds. This does not include the Index as there isn't enough room in the box for it. The Index will have to be mailed separately.

Jim Kreider

Post subject: Re: Baldwin Locomotive Magazines For Sale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 am 

If you are interested in this set of Baldwin Magazines, please make an offer.

Jim Kreider