It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Niagara Railway Museum railway DVD's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 pm 

The Niagara Railway Museum has a new batch of DVD's available, filled with great railway footage. This 2 disc set is being used by the Museum as a fundraiser, with all proceeds going towards the cosmetic restoration of our 0-4-0ST steam locomotive. The 2 disc set sells for $25.00US (plus $5 for shipping) and has over 4 hrs of action. This is not a professional video. It is unedited, and when you see the tree branch heading for the camera, yes, it's going to hit the camera. Footage on the discs is as follows.

Disc 1

Shot during the Three Rivers Narrow Gage Historical Society Convention in September 1994. This disc starts off with a ride on the Knox & Kane behind the Chinese built 2-8-2, including the Kinzua Viaduct. The other 2 locations on this disc are in St. Mary's, PA, and are the 2ft gage lines of the Teaberry & Southern and the Bucksgahuda & Western, which shows their German Henschel "Otto" in operation.

Disc 2

This is a mix of private narrow gauge operations. The main feature is the former operation of the Wainfleet Peat Bog in Southern Ontario. In 1995 some of the original equipment was returned and operated over a 3/4 mile section of the track. There is also scenes from a 15" gauge trolley operation, complete with operating overhead, and some 2ft gauge operations at a private estate in Niagara, which has a Chance C.P. Huntington, Brookville & a Ruston-Hornsby. The video also includes footage of the East Broad Top shot in 2005.

I must repeat that this video is NOT a professional film, but has some great footage of railways that are no longer in operation, of have changed drastically since shooting this video. For more information on the DVD, please drop me a line.

Post subject: Re: Niagara Railway Museum railway DVD's
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 pm 

How can I order this video? It sounds particularly great. I've been looking for footage of the Knox and Kane for a while. I rode it about 11 years ago.. it was unlike any other tourist operation because it wasn't very tourist friendly. That's why I liked it. I have minimum footage and photography. At the time, I didn't realize I would never get a chance to see or ride behind the mike across the Kinzua bridge again.