It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keeping the Fireman Cool!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 1999 3:54 am 

<P>i was fireman du jour at NCTM both last saturday and sunday, so i enjoyed a wonderful sauna a la shay. On Sunday, i was chatting with one of our brakemen, a nuclear power plant engineer in S.C., who mentioned that some of his folks wear a water or ice cooled vest when working in high temps. It made me think, so I emptied out the driver's license, credit card, cash and cell fone out of my overall's vest pocked and filled them with crushed ice. This nicely melted and kept yours truly cool. That plus some water and Gatorade for the internal cooling, worked pretty good. Might want to give it a try next weekend if you're an office rat like myself weakened forever by AC but still craving a coal shovel! <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Keeping the Fireman Cool!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 1999 7:04 am 

<P>Hi Jim,<p>I worked for many years in a power plant and can tell you I have worked some hot ones. There are some product out there to help keep you cool on those days.<p>Check out the link for MiraCool products. And I am still planning on making it down to see you this summer.<p><br>Take Care,<p>Tom Gears<br><br>

Post subject: Looking for water-cooled clothing?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 1999 7:54 am 

<P>Pick up a copy of "Grassroots Motorsports," Its a weekend racers magazine, but there is at least one regular advertizer who sells water-cooled clothing for semi-professional racers.<br>