It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Diesel Control Stand in a Steamer?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 1999 12:11 am 

<P>Some time ago there was a discussion somewhere on the web (it may have been on this board, but I'm not sure) about the "Diesel Control Stand" that was installed in the 614. From some of the comments made during the discussion, it was obvious that there was a lot of confusion as to just what this meant. There were many questions asked about how you could install a "diesel control stand" in a steam locomotive.<p>I promised then that I would get pictures of our "diesel control stand" (we call it the "MU Box") and post them on our web site, along with a little explanation of what it is and how it works. It has been a while, but I finally remembered to take the pictures and build the page. You can find it at http://www.765.org/MU_Box.htm. 765's overhaul is getting underway, but we have a long way to go yet and still need your financial help. How about prying open that wallet, letting the flies out, and making a donation to the 765 Overhaul Fund? We would certainly appreciate it. The Overhaul Fund is growing every day, but there's still a long way to go.<p>Remember...the 765 is one steam locomotive that WILL run again.<p><br>Rich Melvin<br>FWRH Operations Officer

Check out the 765's Diesel Control Stand