It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Could OC Steam be next NS Steam?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 1998 10:39 am 

I've been reading on other boards about the restoration of the ex-GTW 4-8-4 #6325. Could the Ohio Central become the next NS steam program? If you remember NS started out with a couple of 2-8-0's and other smaller engines, as did the OC. NS then went to the J a 4-8-4. The OC started out with a 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 and are currently rebuilding a 4-8-4. <p>I know NS had several thousand miles to run over and the OC has only 400-500 miles. I've been told by serveral persons that the OC is just waiting for the Conrail merger then are going to start aquiring more lines. <p>I believe that the OC is the only Class 2 with a steam program. I live in North-eastern Ohio and often see OC units running around, both steam and diesel. What a beautiful paint scheme on the diesel locos. They really look good 3 or 4 MU'd together pulling their unit coal train. <p>I can't wait to see the northern run here. I am saving all of my vaction for later this year when it is fired up. If anyone has any more info about when I would like to know.<p>Just my two cents,<br>Robert Moffet<br>

toyboy@yahoo.com