It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kenosha's first PCC arrives
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 1999 11:37 pm 

<P>The first of five rebuilt PCCs for the new operation in Kenosha WI has arrived on Thursday May 4th from Iowa. The car was unloaded and operated just enough to run into the new car barn. It can be seen through the windows in the impressive new barn. I drove by this afternoon, and although I didn't get a real good look, it looks to be a very nice restoration. They expect to have the rest delivered about 1 every 3 weeks and the planned start of actual service is June 17. They hope to have 3 cars here and operation for the 4th of July week. I will post any additional news when I hear.<p>Steve <br>

SACarlso@scj.com

Post subject: Re: Kenosha's first PCC arrives
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 1999 6:49 am 

<P>I understand the cars will be painted in differant colars to represent diffferent cities -Which ones >??<br>

Post subject: Re: Kenosha's first PCC arrives
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 1999 12:42 pm 

<P>The cars will be painted, ala San Francisco, as follows: Toronto (which has been delivered), Chicago Green Hornet, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Milwaukee. They will not be lettered for these cities, however.<p>The open house is scheduled for June 17, by which date the second car should have been delivered.<p>Only one car will operate in a counterclockwise direction for most of the day. Two at lunch or maybe during times when the Metra commuter trains arrive and depart and up to all five during special events at the lakefront.<br><br>

jftrolley@aol.com