It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old NKP 759 Movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 1999 11:00 pm 

I'm very glad to hear about the restoration of the 759. It was a movie shown at a train show about 20 years ago that really got me interested in steam.<p>Does anyone remember a film, that would have been 16mm or 8mm about 759's fan trips. If I remember correctly, the narration was done as if 759 was speaking about itself....I know it sounds kinda odd, but I would love to get a copy of it.<p>Thanks!<br>Alan<p><br>

AlanL759@prodigy.net

Post subject: Re: Old NKP 759 Movie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 5:50 pm 

Alan,I believe the film was called "The Great Steam Machine",but I'm not 100% sure.Pentrex doesn't offer it,but I have seen the film you are speaking off.It is definitely available on video because that's how I saw it.<br> If this is the same video it begins with a shot of 759s drivers rolling from a stop up to trackspeed and then a short lifespan of the steam loco in general ending with 759 sitting at steamtown in Vermont.Then showing sceans of the restoration/rust removal and ending with the trip over horseshoe curve.<br> If all this sounds familiar,then I think "The Great Steam Machine" is the one your after.<br> Good luck.<br>

BTamper@aol.com