It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ICS Steam Locomotive course reprints
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:54 pm 

The first two volumes of the 24-volume set of the 1946 edition of the International Correspondance Schools "Steam Locomotive Course" are ready. The rest of the series are to be issued at the rate of two per month.<p>Little River Locomotive Company began reprinting steam locomotive technical books over the last year and these are our latest additions. We recieved permission from Harcourt Learning Direct, the folks who bought ICS, about sixty days ago.<p>These books are the best steam locomotive hands-on technical books ever published and original sets are now bringing hundreds of dollars. These are high-quality reprints, but we have used perfect binding rather than hard covers to keep the costs down. These books are sold as individual volumes.<p>The reason I started the reprint series is to get this information into the hands of the men who will carry the craft through THIS century. I was fortunate enough to have a "real steam man" to teach me, but, unfortunatly, they are a vanishing breed. With this information becoming a pricey collectable, the tricks of the trade were being kept out of the young men's hands. And the collector who just dropped eight bills on an original ICS set sure isn't going to take it to the shop and get it dirty!<p>Go over and have a look at the ICS set. As I said, the first two volumes are ready and the rest will follow at the rate of two per month. The website is a bit of a mess right now as I am giving it a major upgrade. I have many more books that we offer that were never on the website and hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have all them up and running.<p>Hope you enjoy it!<p>

1946 ICS Steam Locomotive Course
steamloc@steam-locomotive.com

Post subject: Re: ICS Steam Locomotive course reprints
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 1999 10:06 am 

What is the delivery on orders? Still waiting for the steam oil I ordered from your company 3 months ago. Haven't heard a word from you guys either. <p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 1999 12:59 pm 

Hi Dave-<p>We usually manage to get all the books out of Townsend within two or three days of recieving payment or purchase order, provided they are in stock. We did run out of the one of the firing manuals and the "Locomotive Up to Date" in early December which caused about a two week delay, but all orders were filled in under twenty days from recieving payment or purchase order.<p>I do not find any record of payment or purchase order for the oil from you for oil. Did you send same?<p>I do see that we sent you some books out open account last fall that you promptly paid for.<p>Forgive my confusion, but I guess that we were expecting that your museum was going to issue a purchase order, shipping instructions,ect for your order. <p>I will be glad to send you what you need this coming week myself (I don't do the order stuff generally) but you need to let me know the details! Please call me at 256-353-7580 or pop me an email and i will sure handle it myself!!<p>Sorry for the confusion, Dave, but we get so many people kicking tires, wanted to talk about this or that but not buying anything,ect, that things that people want but have not paid for or sent a purchase order for usually wind up in file 13.<p>Let me hear from you!<br>Ken

steam-locomotive.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 1999 10:44 pm 

I was told by your company that we would be invoiced on more than one occasion. Not an invoice or shipment. Also your company promised a sample of compressor oil. <p>Where is what you promised to deliver?<p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 12:55 am 

Hey Dave-<p>Sorry bout that man!! I dug around the scrap pile this afternoon and we did promise that out open account. Harry handles the books, shipping the publications, ect. and I do not usually do any sending out of hardware until I get the paid signal from him..I SCREWED THIS ONE UP!!<p>Was the compressor oil you were wanting the synthetic?? It is great juice but it will tear carbon out of your air valves if they are dirty.<p>Let me know if that was what you were wanting and I will send you some to try. Are you going to use it on a new air system over there?<p>Again, please accept my apologies as I blew this one out of the water. We get a lot going on sometimes and it can get frantic dealing out of three locations.<p>You are gonna have to send me a shipping address though!<p>Ken<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 6:22 pm 

Ken,<br>If this syn oil will remove the carbon build isn't that good? I know that the carbon build will close the passages and make the pump work hard and overheat.<br>I didn't see a price posted for the first set of ICS manuals. I'll go back and recheck.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 1999 6:24 pm 

Found the prices posted. I looked yesterday and didn't see the price. Thanks<br>