It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Santa Fe 2900 Class
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 1999 2:57 am 

I understand that there is a group in Pueblo, CO trying to restore a SF 2900 class. Does anyone know how they are doing with this project? <br><br>

Post subject: Re: Santa Fe 2900 Class
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 1999 5:14 am 

You can contact the group in Pueblo that is working on this engine at their website of WWW.PUEBLORAIL.com. I was in Pueblo about 3 years ago and it would be a beauty if they can muster the formidable resources to get the job done!<br>

Wichitarails@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 1999 11:27 am 

Dan wrote:<br>>You can contact the group in Pueblo that is >working on this engine at their website of >WWW.PUEBLORAIL.com.<p>Slowly but surely, ex-ATSF 2912 is being restored. The Pueblo Locomotive & Railway Historical Society {of which I'm also an associate member} has been beneficiary of a number of local/state grants. A capitalization plan is being executed, and major cleanup/inspection and restoration of locomotive fixtures & components is underway. I believe the timetable for operational restoration is approximately 5 years.

Please visit the Trinity Valley RR website!
tvrha@star-telegram.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 1999 6:36 pm 

Here's a picture of the 2912 taken at Pueblo<br>last year. The engine and the rest of the museum<br>collection sits just west of Pueblo Union Station<br>on what used to be station trackage. It will<br>be a sight to see if they get it restored.<br>By the way, an affiliated organization in <br>Albuquerque is planning to move and restore<br>sister engine 2926.<br><br>

fp45@uclink4.berkeley.edu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 1999 11:06 am 

Great picture, Evan!<p>Update on Pueblo happenings: The $2.5 million capitalization program for the 2912, and associated railroad theme park [which will feature an excursion operation on trackage adjacent Pueblo Union Station] and museum facility {being developed in the former DRGW freight depot} is underway.<p>Latest acquisitions are a 3-ft. gauge GE 44-tonner from the former CF&I [C&W] narrow-gauge steel-mill operation, and ex-AMTRAK coach 5410.

Please visit the Trinity Valley RR website!