It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Linoleum - where to find it?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 1998 11:23 pm 

I was told by local dealers and other sources that linoleum is no longer manufactured in the U.S., but it is still made in England. <p>However, in a book that's now about ten years old, there are a few lesser known sources listed for linoleum and period carpet, including a Pullman reproduction.<p>The book is titled "Floor Coverings for Historic Buildings" by Helene Von Rosenstiel and Gail Caskey Winkler, published by Preservation Press, John Wiley and Sons, copyright 1988.<p>Therein, they list the following sources that you may wish to try:<p>Bangor Cork Company<br>William and D Streets<br>Pen Argyl, PA 18072<br>(215) 863-9041<br>They are listed as having battleship linoleum, which is a plain, thick and durable variety.<p>DLW Floor Systems<br>Represented by Anderson, DeWald and Associates<br>2750 Northaven, Suite 120<br>Dallas, Texas 75229<br>(214)247-4955<br>They are listed for Battleship as well as reproduction Jaspe' and other marbleized patterns.<p>Ped Products Company<br>PO Box 321<br>Springfield, PA 19064<br>(215)328-4950<br>They are listed as having marbleized patterns of Forbo Linoleum.<p>Langhorn Carpet Company<br>Box 175<br>Penndel, PA 19047-0824<br>(215)757-5155<br>They are listed as a source for a reproduction of Pullman Carpet in a pattern called "semi-oriental Jacquard", available by special order.<p>Since the book is ten years old, I don't know if these addresses are any good anymore. PA has also had a few area code changes since the book was published, so if 215 doesn't work, you might try 610.<p>Good luck and let us know how you make out.<p>SMZ<br>

szarick@pahouse.net

Post subject: Re: Linoleum - where to find it?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 1998 2:40 pm 

I remember looking for linoleum for restoring a Canadian National car about ten years ago, and being told that local floor-covering dealers could get "Battleship linoleum" if they had to, but that the cost was high and the color choice limited. I decided that what is called "transit rubber" would be a good visual and functional replacement. This is the rubber floor you see in buses. It is available in many colors and is easy to work with. Look for advertisements in "Mass Transit," the "Pocket List," and similar publications.<p>Aarne Frobom<br>Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation, Inc.<br>

froboma@mdot.state.mi.us