It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Current pic of RGD 2100, repainted...>>>>>
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 1:26 am 

I now have a picture of 2100 in her new paint scheme. The red stripes look bizarre on the picture because they are made of a reflective material like the decals on fire truck! Notice the ditch light hung below the headlight, lowering the number plate. In all I'm apalled. Who would like to help me set up a giant black paint sprayer at trackside on 2100's first public run?<p>(Photo by Charles E. Beckett, taken at 1:40pm, December 21, 1999)

2100: Wowak.Railfan.net
wowak@hotmail.com

Post subject: Re: Current pic of RGD 2100, repainted...>>>>>
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 2:52 am 

I can abide the ditch lights, but that red stripe has GOT to go. No doubt the risk manager that insisted on it will burn in hell as a result. I will join you along with Bob Harbison and other READING guys with the black paint.<p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 8:14 am 

Ok so the paint is god awful but no comment on the name on the tender?<br>

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 8:20 am 

Hey, wait, isn't "RGD" actually the reporting marks for "Rio Grande and Denver"? If so, would this be a 3-foot gauge 4-8-4?<p>Frankly, it's wonderful what can be done with PhotoShop these days.......<br>

LNER4472@gateway.net

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 8:44 am 

The picture is not a fake! 2100 does look like now. Granted, it does look phoney, but that is because the running boards are not painted. They are covered with 3M reflective tape, not red paint.<br>

robsterne@hotmail.com

Post subject: Rob is Right, It is not fake
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 8:52 am 

I saw a recent video of the engine and IT IS painted or should I say taped this was. It is a sad day for Reading fans. It kind of turns your stomach, don't you think.<p>I really like the dynamo on the tender and the 3 ditch lights on the front along with ditch lights on the tender. Why not call it a diesel!!!<br>

casey@tusco.net

Post subject: Re: Rob is Right, It is not fake
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 10:34 pm 

The biggest travesty is the conversion to oil..from what I understand.. not the soundest idea w/ a wooten firebox.. i hope they saved the parts so it could be reconverted...<br>

cndrblw26@hotmail.com