It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Jim Wrinn!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 1999 8:54 am 

Possibly you could help with this info; I was just on the Museum/Spencer Shops web site and there's a photo page with a sequence about the Edwards Car that arrived there recently. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any text on the site that gives any further details. Can you elaboratte? After talking with Steve at the TRAIN convention last month, I have discovered a hidden interest in these cars.<br>Thanx.<br>

Post subject: Re: Hey Jim Wrinn!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 2:48 am 

the car arrived last december and we've done some stabilization on the car; it's really too well preserved to restore, so we're taking a hands off approach--not a lot of drastic repainting or trying to make it run; the original hand lettering on the letterboards is still there as are the operationg instructions on the bulkhead and the original "white" and "colored" placards in the segregated passenger compartment. to date, we've done some cleaning on the car and we've recently been able to scratch up enough money to do some more stabilization work this winter; i hope we'll have her in a display track by spring; she's a beautiful little piece and hopefully she'll get included in the plans for the back shop; <br><br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Thanks for the reply; hope to see it at TRAIN 2001 n/m
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 10:09 pm 

<br><br>