It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 1999 1:45 am 

Bob Yager, <p>As a runny-nosed kid, I "helped" my father and others build the initial loop of track in the park during 1969-1970. While in college, I was the general manager of the railroad and even later, my wife became involved with the operation. Presently, we are off the active engineer roster to focus time with our young son - who someday may follow his parent's footsteps as a BJWRR engineer. <p>Currently, the two-spot is receiving a new boiler leaving the day to day operations to the #2502 dismal. It is hoped the number two will return to operation in the new year. The BJWRR is entirely self sufficient from ticket proceeds and volunteer support. Approaching 30 years in the park and over 50 years in the community, this successful little railroad has carried over 2 million riders. Needless to say, the BJWRR is close to many hearts here in the high-tech Silicon Valley and is a tribute to the community spirit that Billy Jones, himself, exemplified. <p>Thank you for bringing attention to our little hometown railroad. <p>Ken<br><br>

Post subject: Re: Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 1999 9:22 am 

Oops, I meant to address the previous message to Bob Yarger.<br>