It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what's that engine in savannah?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 1999 10:41 pm 

dave,<br> what's the steam engine in savannah you're planning to run next year? <br> happy holidays! jim <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Re: what's that engine in savannah?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 1999 4:11 am 

Our operating locomotive will be former Georgia Power Co 0-4-0T GOAT. Since we are landlocked we oped for something we can use to shift stuff on and off the turntable. Little GOAT has been most cooperative so far, we are about to turn the crankpins and begin reassembly. I probably should have posted a brag when we sailed through the state boiler inspection a couple weeks ago. <p>Providing the Battlefield Park proposal goes through, we could again connect to the rail system and perhaps we can get the ten wheeler or consolidation up and running as well. Fun to doublehead 223 and 604.<p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

Post subject: Re: what's that engine in savannah?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 1999 6:47 am 

dave,<br>good goat! <br> doesn't one of those road engines lack a tender?? <br> jim <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Re: I Think I Have the Answer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 6:02 am 

There is a 4-6-0 #403 (ex-Sylvania Central) inside the depot trainshed without its tender. When I visited the roundhouse complex, I found the tender in the roundhouse.<br>

kevingillespie@usa.net

Post subject: Re: I Think I Have the Answer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 1999 8:53 pm 

<br>All true. But also, the tender for Scott Lumber is at the owner's farm, where is fabricating a rear truck ass'y as well. <br>A photo of Scott Lumber can be seen at <br>http://www.chsgeorgia.org/chshm.htm,<br>as well as the link to our site.<p>Rudd Long<br><br>