It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Its A Good Thing!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 1999 5:57 pm 

The rather heated debate that has and does occur on this board is a good thing in my opinion. I haven't learned so much about railway preservation from these debates and discussions since the days when L&RP (R.I.P.) was in circulation. Until now I had never heard the NMOT's side of the DL&W camelback story. The fact that it took a heated debate to finally make their side known is a good reason for continuing these discussions. <p>We may argue, flame, make accusations, and just plain fly off the handle on this list, but I feel we all come away from it with perhaps a little more understanding of the railroad preservation world we are involved in. <p>This is a list for preservationists and restorationists to express ideas, concerns, opinions with each other. Its a vehicle for communications- because sometimes it gets awful lonely out there when its just you and a handful of people working on a locomotive or a piece of track.<br><br>

bighookx45@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Its A Good Thing!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 1999 7:34 am 

rick, we all FEEL YOUR PAIN!<br>seriously, though, you guys getting out to any ARM or TRAIN meetings? those or the railway preservation symposia at california state are some of the best vehicles to cut the feelings of isolation and learn how the other guys shear their sheep! <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com