It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Young People and Preservation.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:25 pm 

I should be more clear my criticism The only acts I have to grind is frustration over trying to find museum to save an F40PH. Most of the stuff I've heard about rare museums being crappy to young people come from secondhand sources. I've noticed the museums in the New England area tend to be good with bringing in young volunteers although it's like money there's never enough. I remember somebody telling me that when they volunteered at a rare museum they wanted to run the live steamer And we're never allowed to. One day I higher up from a separate organization came with his son and they let the guys younger son run to live steamer which is really demoralizing for this volunteer. Some of the best young volunteers that I've seen have been non binary and or LGBT. Kind of wonder how volunteers like that would be perceived at other organizations run by some of the people I've seen on this form.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8