It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Announcement: A New Forum: RYPNdaycare.org
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:51 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
superheater wrote:
Done.

It will be awhile before it's accessible; but we will offer a safe and inclusive environment for the trainsgender community and people who love iron; i.e., "ferris".

How much a month will the blue check mark run?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:05 pm 

The big wrote:
Why create a new forum??? With Rick Rowlands to resign has moderator i think you be a good Moderator here superheater......

I don't have the same point of view about Steamtown etc... but i believe you be a good one to make this forum (RYPN) more sustainable that my opinion.

Read my response to Rick's announcement, specifically that he should have "quiet quit'. I think moderation should only be removal of posts that seek to incite violence against specific individuals. Other than that, if you don't like the heat, avoid the kitchen. In short, I'd be the most inert moderator and complaints would be met with "so, dispute the thread or post".

It's that or this:

There is unrest in the Forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the Maples want more sunlight
And the Oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the Maples
(And they’re quite convinced they’re right)
They say the Oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the Oaks can’t help their feelings
If they like the way they’re made
And they wonder why the Maples
Can’t be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the Forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the Maples scream ‘Oppression!’
And the Oaks, just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a Union
And demanded equal rights
‘The Oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light’
Now there’s no more Oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw…

Rush, The Trees Hemispheres 1978, Lyrics : N. Peart

So as a general rule; I don't believe in moderation, but I'm an agoraphile so moderation at rypndaycare.org is going to be dedicated, extensive, ruthless and vigorous.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:18 pm 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
superheater wrote:
Done.

It will be awhile before it's accessible; but we will offer a safe and inclusive environment for the trainsgender community and people who love iron; i.e., "ferris".

How much a month will the blue check mark run?

$5. But you'll have to prove your unassaible credentials for basic blue.

The really exclusive tier (indigo check) will require special evidence of commitment:think photographs with Gtreta Thunberg or David Hogg.

I expect "indigo check" to be the Gucci of the site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:37 am 

Okay...I am thoroughly confused (a normal state for me). First you said:
superheater wrote:
I think moderation should only be removal of posts that seek to incite violence against specific individuals. Other than that, if you don't like the heat, avoid the kitchen. In short, I'd be the most inert moderator and complaints would be met with "so, dispute the thread or post".

And then you said:
superheater wrote:
So as a general rule; I don't believe in moderation, but I'm an agoraphile so moderation at rypndaycare.org is going to be dedicated, extensive, ruthless and vigorous.

Aren't these diametric opposites? Clearly I am missing something.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:41 pm 

Quote:
"Aren't these diametric opposites? Clearly I am missing something.
"

You are missing the /s sarcasm tag in white two-point 'font'.

Think of it as the Mudfog Charter School of pre-K inculcation and you'll understand the sense of the second part better. Even so, it will likely be better, and more civil, than Ben Hom on PRR-FAX.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:33 pm 

Clipped from the Mission Statement
Focus: The INTERCHANGE is a moderated discussion board for exchanging relevant, fact-based, information about railroad history, the crafts of research and authorship, the operation of railroad museums, railroad history groups, tourist railroads, and other related organizations.

Clipped from the Guidelines
The INTERCHANGE'S primary purpose is to facilitate the exchange of information, advice, and suggestions, not to serve as a forum for debate.
The INTERCHANGE requires all posters to adhere to a high standard of courtesy and civility. Polite, constructive criticisms, and polite responses to same, are acceptable. Insulting or inflammatory language; argument and debate for their own sake, challenging posters to “put up or shut up” attempts to chill discussions; and personal, ad hominem, attacks on other posters ("flaming") are all prohibited.

Please note that this standard is inherently subjective and is considerably more restrictive than the standards on many other railfan and railroad forums. Some people may not find it possible to express their full views and stay within this guideline. Other people may have legitimate philosophical objections to posting under inherently subjective moderation. In either case, we must respectfully ask them to express their views in other forums than this one.

Per the subjective view of your friendly moderator, this thread is not exchanging relevant, fact-based, information about railroad history, the crafts of research and authorship, the operation of railroad museums, railroad history groups, tourist railroads, and other related organizations.
For this reason, it is locked. Thank you for your understanding.

Tom Gears

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2