It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Museum Youth Protection Policies - Moderation Complaints
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:29 pm 

I belong to another similar RR preservation group, which features a discussion board and archives, but is a lot smaller than this one. Every post is reviewed by the moderator before putting it up on the board, and any hint of animosity directed towards another member is handled off list by the moderator immediately. In 20 years I've been told twice to play nice with others or play elsewhere, and the other two members were told the same thing. Rather than putting the exchange up for everybody to gawk at, we were told to handle it among ourselves via private email, and to post once we figured out how to express our views diplomatically. Not only did we handle the matters as instructed, but I ended up being friends with the two guys that had pissed me off.

As I think all of us are aware, our mods here volunteer their time, and have lives outside of RyPN. There is too much traffic here for the approach that I described to be taken by them, but there is nothing preventing us from taking it on ourselves to play nice or play elsewhere.

And THANK YOU RyPN moderators, your job is too often thankless...

Sammy King