It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Ten Dollars a Gallon (or more)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:50 pm 

As of today, in our area on-road diesel is running about $5.07 and off road - what we buy - at about $4.19 per gallon. The price cap on Russian exports hits this month if not already so who knows what affect that will have on prices. It might add some jitters but I don’t think it will be much impact. Ya never know, though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:11 am 

Rick Rowlands wrote:
choodude wrote:
It is not possible. . . PERIOD.

There is nothing anybody could say or provide factual links to actual real observed scientific studies, about how the "WEATHER" is obviously changing in the recent few decades, that would not be ignored or blown out and ridiculed as "FAKE NEWS" by Climate Change Deniers. Of Which there are many of them folks here actively posting on this website.
Brian

we are practicing science by asking questions and posing alternative theories) are concerned with is the veracity of the temperature data which we know has been altered,

So my partner's personal contemporaneous notes as to when first and last frost dates occurred for the last quarter century have been altered?

Respect?

Again, the same strategy that helped the asbestos and tobacco industries is being employed by the fossil fuel industry. The fossil fuel industries own internal predictions from a few decades ago have proven spot on for how "The Weather" is changing.

The problem isn't so much how the products mentioned are bad for humans - it's the coverup and denial. Richard Nixon would not have been forced to resign if he'd just gone with "One of my supporters went too far and we'll fix it."

Is it really that hard to realize the feedback loop going on with the tundra areas melting and releasing methane?

Brian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:24 am 

Kelly Anderson wrote:
These threads only serve to make me question why I visit this board anymore. That's not entirely true, they also inspire me to take the time to go back and delete my previous posts, so there will be less of a record that I was ever a participant here. 10 pages down, 135 to go!

How does this thread harm you? I really don't understand how having a discussion of a specific topic in one thread somehow cross contaminates into the others. As I explained before, that is the beauty of discussion forums. We can have this discussion here in this topic and it is completely separated from other topics.

And what really is off topic about a discussion of the response to climate change and it's effect on the future of our industry? The transition away from fossil fuels at a fast pace and the consequences of that transition are indeed on topic and perhaps the greatest threat to our operations in the coming years. But instead of using this as an opportunity to talk about what can be done, if anything, most of this thread has, as usual, become a tirade of "we shouldn't talk about this" or "you are a climate denier" attacks. If you look back through my comments here, you can see that I am taking a rather reasoned approach. I am asking questions, which is what reasonable people do. I am calling out those who choose to respond with attacks. But what I haven't seen so far is anyone who is even willing to broach the topic of how will the march toward net zero affect us. Why keep burying your head in the sand on this?

The fact that well respected and intelligent people are so unwilling to even tolerate the asking of questions regarding the greatest societal change in the history of humankind is astonishing. There is mounting evidence that the threat is overblown, that the prescribed response is not practical given current and future energy needs and that some of the responses are even making matters worse. I could present evidence to back up every one of my claims but that would be pointless. Nobody here has expressed any interest in any of that.

OK you win. I will lock this thread now and you can all continue burying your heads in the sand. Maybe one of you will step up and take over for me here as well as I no longer have any interest in being involved with a discussion forum that has not stomach for real substantive discussions.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12