It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: White Pass Cab Ride
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:58 pm 

I rode the cab of the 3006 yesterday for one trip and shot some video with my phone. Can't edit right now because this computer is way too slow and a longer video would be impossible to upload with my current internet.

James is the student engineer, and Steve is our road foreman and we were talking about trapping squirrels in our RV park. James started here in 2017 after a number of years at Alaska Railroad and BNSF. Steve and I used to work together at the Durango and Silverton many years ago, he even met his wife there when she worked the concession cars. Another great day on the railway! I absolutely miss working right now.

Enjoy. I'll post more when I'm able.

https://youtu.be/Ln0Z5wLWtxU

Last edited by JohnHillier on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: White Pass Cab Ride
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:14 pm 

JohnHillier wrote:
I rode the cab of the 3006 yesterday for one trip and shot some video with my phone. Can't edit right now because this computer is way too slow and a longer video would be impossible to upload with my current internet. I was happy to learn I could climb on the engine with a broken arm so I'll try and get better videos soon.

Anyway James is the student engineer, and Steve is our road foreman and we were talking about trapping squirrels in our RV park. James started here in 2017 after a number of years at Alaska Railroad and BNSF. Steve and I used to work together at the Durango and Silverton many years ago, he even met his wife there when she worked the concession cars. Another great day on the railway! I absolutely miss working right now. Try not to get hit by a van when you're driving a moped. It sucks.

Enjoy. I'll post more when I'm able.

Video is identified as PRIVATE! - it is now viewable.

Last edited by mmi16 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:22 pm 

mmi16 wrote:
Video is identified as PRIVATE!

I know from another forum that the OP changed it to private because an "internet expert" on Train Odors claimed that the conversation in the cab was a violation of 49 CFR Part 220 Subpart C, regarding distractions in the cab etc. It actually isn't, as confirmed by a former FRA man who posts here occasionally as well, but the OP hasn't changed it back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 pm 

Let's try this again. Made a new video. Sorry the shots are random but consider it as what you could see in a day if you worked here. And just so everyone knows these are all with permission and within whatever safety rules apply.

https://youtu.be/TnPVG98jkDg