It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: John Rimmasch Sentenced to 30 Months in Prison
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:14 am 

Ed Kapuscinski wrote:

It's part of a trend that I see so commonly on display in the rail enthusiast space: poor interpersonal skills.

Here, here.

Attachments:
EK.PNG
EK.PNG [ 57.96 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
steaminfo wrote:
You know, since those dark days to which you refer, I've gotten to know Ross quite a bit better than I did back then, and I want to say that I find his contributions to RyPN to be useful and insiteful.

I would suggest you misspelled "inciteful"..........

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 am 

Of course, these sentences are never what they say they are. 30 months probably means 15 months, or maybe even 12. So a pretty lite sentence everything considered. He'll be out before he knows it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:39 am 

Thanks Doug for your kind supporting remarks. All of our regular players on here know TGB 4th. for what he is and take his postings in that context.

As for Rimmasch/Wasatch being alive & well had he not taken the K&T job, I don't see the logic in that in that the job that landed him in prison was the CRRofNJ coach rehab project for the NPS which came after the K&T disaster.

I suspect that his propensity for " cutting corners" started long before the K&T job. Just a guess but as we all know tigers don't change their stripes.

Onward & Upward. Ross Rowland

P.S. Top fuel I think you're wrong as I believe in the federal system prison sentences are always served in their entirety minus a very small credit for good behavior vs. the non federal systems where substantial reductions in real time served is frequently seen. Perhaps attorney Wilkens can educate us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:15 pm 

Topfuel wrote:
Of course, these sentences are never what they say they are. 30 months probably means 15 months, or maybe even 12.
You are confusing state and federal prison systems. Mr. Rimmasch was sentenced in a federal court and he will be serving time in a federal prison.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:40 pm 

"P.S. Top fuel I think you're wrong as I believe in the federal system prison sentences are always served in their entirety minus a very small credit for good behavior vs. the non federal systems where substantial reductions in real time served is frequently seen. Perhaps attorney Wilkens can educate us."

Thanks for the correction. I was not clear on that issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:25 pm 

superheater wrote:
Ed Kapuscinski wrote:

It's part of a trend that I see so commonly on display in the rail enthusiast space: poor interpersonal skills.

Here, here.

Hey, I am consistent in my opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 pm 

steaminfo wrote:
You know, since those dark days to which you refer, I've gotten to know Ross quite a bit better than I did back then, and I want to say that I find his contributions to RyPN to be useful and insiteful. Ross has been kind to me over the last decade and gone the extra mile to answer questions. His input and suggestions have made steamlocomotive.info a better place than it would have been.

I am sure the fact that he is paying your bills for the site have nothing to do with your new and improved opinion of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:13 pm 

Chris Webster wrote:
Topfuel wrote:
Of course, these sentences are never what they say they are. 30 months probably means 15 months, or maybe even 12.
You are confusing state and federal prison systems. Mr. Rimmasch was sentenced in a federal court and he will be serving time in a federal prison.

This is right according to my lawyer neighbor. She says that there is no parole in federal prison. She calculated that with supervised release after the sentence the feds will be involved in John's life until early 2028.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:14 pm 

superheater wrote:
Ed Kapuscinski wrote:

Here, here.

Pot-have you met kettle?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:24 pm 

This quote from the classic movie Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House fits this thread to a tee.

"Bicker, bicker, bicker"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:38 pm 

LeoA wrote:
This quote from the classic movie Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House fits this thread to a tee.

"Bicker, bicker, bicker"

I agree. Three of my RyPN foe list are engaged in the "discussion." Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:52 pm 

There is a fair bit of sparring between folks that is totally unrelated to rail preservation. This gets threads locked. It's not your friendly moderators looking out for certain people.

Tom Gears

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:34 pm 

I had forgotten about the coach job....lol!
I agree, his corner cutting likely started long before those jobs....
I'm just thinking he...may....have stayed out of trouble longer had he not taken, really, both jobs, as it's pretty much guaranteed problems when you pick up where someone else left off... I noticed years ago that it was common, at least back then, for some of the big names to go into projects that another had worked on and they'd tell the owners, etc, that certain work would need to be redone for various reasons....
It took awhile for me to figure out who really knew what they were doing and who didn't....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:37 pm 

BSFSRYFAN wrote:
superheater wrote:
Ed Kapuscinski wrote:

Here, here.

Pot-have you met kettle?

F84.0, I'm not throwing stones from a glass house.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next