It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FLOYD VIDEO ON WWRR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 1999 8:32 pm 

I have heard that there is a video of the Wilmington & Western's bridge washout taken during Hurricane Floyd. This video has been submitted to one of those TV shows that has a lot of disaster footage,rescue footage... "real life video" type stuff. Has anyone seen this tape? Does anyone know what TV station carried it? Or when it is coming on? A contact name would be helpful. Wilmington & Western is trying to archive photo's and video of the Hurricane Floyd events. Any leads would be helpful.<br>

david@wwrr.com

Post subject: Re: FLOYD VIDEO ON WWRR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 1999 1:34 am 

I caught the tail end of the video on that "RealTV" show. Those boneheads were holding some kind of contest for the most shocking video, and it won. I was as devastated as the railroad itself when I saw the damage first hand, and these TV fools are treating it like it's some kind of joke. Anyway, from what I gathered, the guy is standing on one bank, having just walked the trestle with flood waters raging beneath it(brilliant right?) and he had stopped to shoot the tracks being drug from the roadbed. When he turned around the trestle he'd just walked across had be swept away. The moron is lucky he didn't lose his life. In my opinion, the guy should donate the prize money to the WWRR, since he's used the tragedy to his advantage. The show is carried on channel 17(WB). Perhaps you could catch it on a rerun. I don't care to see it again, I saw it in person and that was enough. Seth<br><br>

upacific@copland.udel.edu