It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weather Stripping for Amtrak windows
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:41 pm 

My group purchased a dining car that had been heavily rebuilt by Amtrak circa 2000. The windows were replaced with what I understand are the windows currently used in Superliners and Amfleet cars. The rubber weather stripping is deteriorated and needs replacement, as do the sealed pane glazing panels. Does anyone know who manufactures these windows and where I can purchase replacement weather stripping?

Post subject: Re: Weather Stripping for Amtrak windows
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:32 pm 

Al,

A search on this sight for window gaskets will turn up recent discussions on gasket suppliers. Click “search” towards the upper right corner of the forum page and put “window gaskets” in the search box.

I’m currently discussing gaskets with Michael Brown of Diamond Rail Group. He knows widows and can likely help. Others here will chime in, too.

Also, be aware that you probably have FRA Part 223 compliant glazing in that car and if you replace it, it has to be Part 223 glazing. Be prepared for sticker shock.

And…. Welcome to the Interchange.