It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Info about the NRM?(not the one in washington)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:11 am 

Hello & good day

i am trying to find info on the Northwest Rail Museum(not to be confused with the Northwest Railway Museum in Washington state)

however, I have found very little luck in doing so.

if anyone would kindly share info regarding location and or rolling stock, that would be greatly appreciated

thanks

have a great rest of your day

Post subject: Re: Info about the NRM?(not the one in washington)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am 

I suppose you mean the Inland Northwest Rail Museum in Reardan?
https://inlandnwrailmuseum.com/our-collection/

I suspect you saw this already as it came up a few lines down in a web search.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:14 pm 

I tried the search. If I did not know the name was slightly different, I would have missed it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:12 pm 

the NRM i speak of is the one that owned several SP Daylight coaches such as the round end #2955, and coach #2202

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Silly me. Here I was thinking "York, England, or Green Bay, Wisconsin?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:33 am 

You're thinking of Ed Immel's Northwest Rail Museum, which is not to be confused with either the Northwest Railway Museum (ex-Puget Sound Chapter NRHS) in Snoqualmie, WA, or the Inland Northwest Rail Museum (Inland Empire Chapter NRHS) in Reardan, WA.

Immel's NRM is closely associated with the various groups in Portland, OR; Pacific Northwest Chapter NRHS (PNWC), Daylight Locomotive & Machine Works (DLMX; SP #4449), and Pacific RR Preservation Association (PRPX; SP&S #700). Immel's NRM is one of several parties that own/did own cars used on the various #4449 and #700 excursions, and more recently other operations such as the Oregon Coast Scenic RR (OCSR) and the Albany & Eastern. Other parties included Bob Melbo's Melbo Land & Investment Co. (MLIX) and Dr. Louis Steplock's Wyoming & Pacific (WPRX).

Cars currently/formerly owned by NRM, WPRX, MLIX, DLMX, PRPX, and PNWC are located throughout western Oregon, mostly in Portland and surrounds, and also on the aforementioned OCSR or Albany & Eastern.

As far as I know, Immel only owned the 2 aforementioned cars, the nee-SP #2955 (later SP #2297) and the nee-SP #2400 (later T&NO #452 then SP #2202). The #2202 ended up on the OCSR along with the MLIX-owned nee-GN baggage #262 and the DLMX-owned nee-GN F7A. Those 3 were all stranded out on the western end of the POTB over which the OCSR operates after flooding in the Winter of 2007. Meanwhile, the #2955 continued to be used on the Christmas excursions in Portland over the Oregon Pacific, and more recently the #2955 along with several other cars have been used on the Albany & Eastern (restenciled as AARX #2955).

Melbo owned a few other cars besides the nee-GN #262, including some former IC cars which were later sold to the Nevada Northern.

Steplock owns nee-AT&SF business car #35 (later #57) as the Casper Mountain, nee-GN "Ranch Car" #1241 Running Crane Lake, former SOU "battery car" #BC2 as WPRX #1402 (nee-Pullman Plan #3584A 10S-2DR sleeper Point Richards; later SOU #2433), and at least 3 other cars which are instead stored in Casper, WY; CRI&P 4DB-4C-2DR sleeper Golden Fleece (ex-Imperial Clipper), CNO&TP (SOU) 10RM-6DB sleeper #3400 Emory River (as WPRX #2867), and an unknown chair (appears to be in BN MofW red, so likely NP or GN). The 3 Steplock-owned cars are all based in Albany, with the #1402 in use as the power car on the Albany & Eastern. Steplock was formerly associated with 2 other owners as BKSX, which provided cars for the Montana Rockies Daylight, predecessor to Montana Rockies Rail Tours, a sister company to AOE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:49 am 

Rainier Rails wrote:
Other parties included Bob Melbo's Melbo Land & Investment Co. (MLIX) and Dr. Louis Steplock's Wyoming & Pacific (WPRX). . . .

Steplock owns nee-AT&SF business car #35 (later #57) as the Casper Mountain, nee-GN "Ranch Car" #1241 Running Crane Lake, former SOU "battery car" #BC2 as WPRX #1402 (nee-Pullman Plan #3584A 10S-2DR sleeper Point Richards; later SOU #2433), and at least 3 other cars which are instead stored in Casper, WY; CRI&P 4DB-4C-2DR sleeper Golden Fleece (ex-Imperial Clipper), CNO&TP (SOU) 10RM-6DB sleeper #3400 Emory River (as WPRX #2867), and an unknown chair (appears to be in BN MofW red, so likely NP or GN). The 3 Steplock-owned cars are all based in Albany, with the #1402 in use as the power car on the Albany & Eastern. Steplock was formerly associated with 2 other owners as BKSX, which provided cars for the Montana Rockies Daylight, predecessor to Montana Rockies Rail Tours, a sister company to AOE.

I believe Dr. Steplock also has former EJ&E business car 50, previously owned by Walter Loftin and operated briefly on the Everett Railroad excursions in the 1960s. It is a wood car with a steel underframe and was last reported stored in Casper, WY. Originally Pullman "El Padilla".

- Alan Maples

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:10 am 

Alan -

Surprised to hear that an EJ&E business car still exists. You state that it's a wood car. Might it have been given steel sheathing? I looked for a photo on the internet, but had no luck.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:31 pm 

helpful hint-spell out the name of the museum. "NRM" implies the museum in Old York.