It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CNJ Coach Thread Memory-Holed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:24 pm 

And like that, it's gone. Winston Smith would be proud. It must be nice to have willing moderators carry water for a contractor by deleting anything potentially negative.

How much did that "sponsorship" cost?

I could be way off base as to why it was taken down, but given past events on this Forum, it is not unreasonable for that to be my first immediate conclusion.

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

Last edited by wilkinsd on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: CNJ Coach Thread Memory-Holed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:27 pm 

It must have been a conservative coach. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:04 pm 

wilkinsd wrote:
I could be way off base as to why it was taken down,

You are way off base.

A poster started a new thread to ask about the status of a specific federally-funded coach restoration project. Several other posters replied but none offered any actual information about the coach. Instead, the replies were all uniformed speculation and pot shots directed at an individual who I presume is no longer allowed to post on RYPN.

There was even one post in the thread that, IMHO, was extremely stalkerish.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:11 pm 

Chris Webster wrote:

Two questions:

1. What specifically was "stalkerish"?
2. When did you become a moderator, or is what you are saying the official statement of RYPN, or just you personally?

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 pm 

Maybe an earlier response authorized by Mr. Rimmasch himself would be suitable to the Dark Overmods? Posted here in it’s entirety, please note comments regarding the CNJ coach in question.

Quote:
Mr. Rimmasch does watch this page and others like it however, he reminds all of us that he did delete his personal account on RYPN on account of threads like this one and the miss-handling of these threads by certain (not all) of the moderators on this page.

Suffice to say, Mr. Rimmasch asked that we post the following;

[from an email from Mr. Rimmasch to the Social Media Team of WRC]

I have never cowered away from answering an honest question. There are questions presented above that deserve answers. To the best of my ability and subject to any pending legal action, this is the best I can provide at this time;

Corbin, KY: The enclosed article was a knee jerk reaction of a reporter that was present at a Board meeting where we had asked for additional funding based on additions to the scope of work. Some of the increase was granted, the scope was downsized on other items. The project finished for the requested amount of money and as we speak, the City of Corbin is one of our best references on project performance. Last week Corbin provided WRC two very positive references and two weeks ago, we did a few minor additions to the project, free of charge. Great relationship between the two parties.

CNJ 1021: This project is behind time wise. It has some very critical items that have been excluded from the scope of work that we are working on with the NPS as we speak. Despite the delays in clarification on the scope of work, we continue to work on the car as much as we can pending the scope clarifications.

Ecuadorian Steam: No, the payment issues between the parties were never resolved. WRC scrapped the boiler for about $550.00 and we had a massive pizza party. Though we had a strong case, Ecuador does not recognize international law and as such, any judgment on our side would not have been enforceable. We walked away from the case.

WRC Contracts: Our contracts are as "iron clad" as they can be. Our contract template, about 11-15 pages was written by a team of lawyers who, have litigated and won a number of "service provider" cases. I would remind all those who care that WRC has a "zero loss run record." That means, we have never litigated a case (kept any/all disputes out of court) and we have lost no cases nor do we have any pay outs on any case/project. We bond and protect every project and we insure our projects (something not many, if any other contractors in our industry do.). The fact that we bond our projects makes us more of a target for litigation. Some customers, seeing that we have insurance, are actually going after some kind of "insurance" claim, rather than any form of tangible damage claim. So far, we have not lost any dispute. We have never had to pay out on a performance bond either.

In addition, we are a growing company. Often, as you grow, you become a target. Our contracts are written in such a way that all of our projects are "time and materials, cost plus" projects. We do project and offer a "cost magnitude projection" but we have very strong language in our contracts that excludes any notion of guaranteed pricing. Since I am being transparent in this message, we have fought three such disputes in the past year. 100% total full paid victories for WRC, including repayment of legal fees. Our contracts are very well written. Lastly, our contracts include our fees and pricing and they also exclude very particular items.

Why the post remains and why I have not fought the post;

To be very honest, posts like this actually support the position of WRC. We use and will continue to use forums like this and others to defend ourselves and our position. Those who post messages like this and or those who purposely strive to deface or defame WRC are quickly called out in disputes and are quickly referred to as "sour grapes." Once you are defined as a "sour grape," you can impinge your ability to argue in an appropriate manner. Now, there is a certain Esquire on this page that will disagree with me however, I would remind him that he has lost far more cases than I and my lawyers have ever lost.

So, have at me and my company. Enjoy being the ones who say "na na na na look what I found." It doesn't hurt me or the cause. In conclusion; The topic IS contrary to the rules of the page. It has nothing to do with preservation or a preservation topic. It is a business matter to be resolved between two parties. It has everything to do with defaming an industry contractor and was posted for that very reason and frankly, it has no place on the page, but so be it. Like I said, it has no impact on me or my company.

To date, we have received no notice of a compliant filed against WRC.

Again, I left the page over a year ago because some (not all) moderators on this page lack morals and ethics when it comes to proper handling of posts. We have a company account so we can answer questions like these.

John E. Rimmasch

Posted by the Social Media Team of WRC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:16 pm 

Quote:

WRC Contracts: Our contracts are as "iron clad" as they can be. Our contract template, about 11-15 pages was written by a team of lawyers who, have litigated and won a number of "service provider" cases. I would remind all those who care that WRC has a "zero loss run record." That means, we have never litigated a case (kept any/all disputes out of court) and we have lost no cases nor do we have any pay outs on any case/project. We bond and protect every project and we insure our projects (something not many, if any other contractors in our industry do.). The fact that we bond our projects makes us more of a target for litigation. Some customers, seeing that we have insurance, are actually going after some kind of "insurance" claim, rather than any form of tangible damage claim. So far, we have not lost any dispute. We have never had to pay out on a performance bond either.

At the risk of being accused of taking a "pot shot" I'll just remark that this brag didn't age well.

What's the date of the "update"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:26 pm 

July 25th, 2018

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:03 pm 

Hey, I call them as I see them. Been around a bit-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm 

Chris Webster wrote:
wilkinsd wrote:
I could be way off base as to why it was taken down,

You are way off base.

A poster started a new thread to ask about the status of a specific federally-funded coach restoration project. Several other posters replied but none offered any actual information about the coach. Instead, the replies were all uniformed speculation and pot shots directed at an individual who I presume is no longer allowed to post on RYPN.

I must also say that I still have the now-deleted thread up in a non-active window and the only thing that could even remotely be considered “stalkerish” is the posting of recent filings made by Mr. Rimmasch in a non-related railway issue.

However, these filings were widely talked about in preservation/railway circles and it’s not unrealistic to think that more than a handful of people would connect the dots between the CNJ coach and Mr. Rimmasch.

On review, the ‘old’ thread was even tempered and informed, and now unfortunately gone. To quote Ross, “sad but true!!”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:48 pm 

Huh. Did I miss some fireworks in the last hour or so? Did the question even get answered? I miss out on all the fun....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm 

Begging everyone's patience I'm somewhat at a loss here.

The question arose as to whatever happened to a coach that the NPS contracted to have restored by Wasatch RR Contractors for $ 800K + some years back and evidently never made it back to Scranton. I asked John Rimmasch to post an answer so we could have the facts.

The other issue I'm curious about is where does WRRC stand paying the large 6 figure judgement they lost in the recent court finding?

As the truth always come out eventually it would sure help if WRRC could post the facts on both issues.

IMHO-Ross Rowland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am 

There are two parties involved with the CNJ coach. Neither had offered any public comment and the former thread was not providing any facts, so it was removed.

A bunch of speculative or inflammatory posting only makes a lot of work for your volunteer moderators. By the way, April is be nice to your moderator month. Look it up.

Maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 am 

Hi All
I found a photo of the coach for this thread, Photo by Paul Koprowski
the date took 8/31/2014 from the website RR Picture Archives.
Attachment:
File comment: Photo by Paul Koprowski
CNJ-1021.jpg # 2.jpg
CNJ-1021.jpg # 2.jpg [ 48.78 KiB | Viewed 5824 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:15 am 

The continued disappearance of any discussions relating to Rimmasch is very concerning. It continues to happen over and over again. Tom, if the thread drifted, why not just lock it and let it move down? Also, what happened to the thread in which it was discussed that Rimmasch was objecting to the CP-KCS merger? Did Rimmasch get mad about that because someone pointed out that he felt the merger should be further reviewed by the NTSB by mistake, instead of the TSB?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:00 pm 

How many years ago was it when a poster on rypn threatened to sue the moderators? Said poster could well be perceived as having access to high-priced legal talent. Given that the moderators are unpaid for an often thankless job, and facing the possibility of a lawsuit (in a very litigation-happy society), I can see where a thread at times would be locked, or even disappear.