It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HeritageRail Alliance Files COVID Steam Waiver Request
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm 

The HeritageRail Alliance, based on the requests of some of its members, filed a waiver request with the Federal Railroad Administration seeking a limited calendar year extension between 1472 day inspections for operators who did not operate or accumulate any service days in 2020 due to COVID. The docket number is: FRA-2020-0094-0001, and it was filed on December 7, 2020.

It has not been published in the Federal Register yet, but you can see the text of the waiver request here: https://beta.regulations.gov/document/F ... -0094-0001

I have also attached as PDF files both the waiver request and acknowledgement.

Once published, there will be a public comment period, and those operators who could benefit from such a waiver are encouraged to submit comments to that effect.

I'd like to thank the members of the HRA Regulatory Committee (Erich Armpriester, Jason Lamb, Stathi Pappas, Randy Gustafson), which I chair, who helped in this, as well as G. Mark Ray, the President of HRA in the drafting of this waiver request.

Attachments:
FRA-2020-0094-0001_attachment_1.pdf [66.27 KiB]
Downloaded 320 times
FRA-2020-0094-0002_attachment_1.pdf [143.72 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."